Feel lunges mostly in the shin

ali

Hi Cathe,

First of all I would like to say that I really LOVE your workouts. I used to go to classes at the gym all the time for years, but now I feel I get a much tougher workout with your tapes. Although, I miss the motivating environment of "live" classes, I favor getting a tough workout. I absolutely love the music in the new intensity series.

For some reason when I am doing lunges, I find I have to stop half way through because I begin to getting a burning pain in my shin and calf on the back leg of the lunge. It happens to both legs, I don't stop from fatigue in my quads, etc., but rather the burning in my back leg. Is there something wrong with my form? I make sure that my front leg does not go over the front toe and I try to lift up and down in a 90 angle. Could you please tell me what might be causing this and what I need to do to correct this?

Thank you so much,
Ali :)

Thank you Ali!

For lunges, the nature of this position makes the back leg act as a stabilizer. Many times the calf muscle and shin area will fatigue early on while trying to assist in balance. For some, this tightness lessens over time, for some it does not. If you are feeling too much discomfort, then simply take a quick break and try some more. Take brief breaks as often as needed.

Take Care!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.