exhausting workouts

lora-kate

I have been doing the PS series, each tape once a week, for the past 11 weeks (my plan is 12 weeks). However, around week 9 the exercises started feeling incredibly difficult. It felt as if I had increased the weight but I am purely maintaining and had not. I am not sure if I am overtraining (I also do cardio 4-5 times a week, yoga and pilates), or if my form has improved because of my pilates making the exercises more difficult or if I should be shortening the lenght of my PS rotation. Any thoughts?

Hi Lora-Kate! If you feel general body aches, irritibility, dread your workouts, or simply feel a chronic overall sluggishness, you may be entering the early stages of overtraining. But if you only feel this way during your strength training workouts, perhaps your other activities are using many similar muscles and you don't have enough recovery time between your workouts.

Here are a couple of suggestions: If you think that you maybe overtraining then take a week or two off and just let your body recover. Eat well, sleep well, and keep very hydrated during your recovery period as well as from this point forward (if you aren't already).

If you think that this fatigue is specifically related to PS workouts, then try to put two days between each workout. If that doesn't help, then lighten your weight just a little bit. Also, pay attention to what you do the day before your PS workout. Perhaps that activity is exhausting the exact muscles that you are using in your PS workout. Just some things to think about. Take Care and let me know how you are doing.

Question

Has your diet changed in the last couple of weeks or so? Your diet can effect your workout ability. Just another thing to think about.
Dawn W

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.