EXCESSIVE SNEEZING DURING COOLDOWN?

intensitylisa

Cathlete
Hi Cathe! Can anyone tell me if they have the problem of continuous sneezing after Cathe's intense workouts while doing the cooldown? All I can figure is that I get so heated up during the workout that when the cooldown comes around the drop in body temperature causes me to sneeze sometimes up to 10 times in a row! Maybe I am distributing the dust with all my jumping and pounding. This does not happen all the time just when I get extremely overheated. Any suggestions on how to avoid this?:p

Hi Lisa,

This happens to me all the time. I have been to an allergist and it seems that I am allergic to dust mites, so I assume that I am just kicking a bunch of dust up, when I workout. I was prescribed Zyrtec which has helped a lot(as long as I remember to take it a half hour before I workout). Try Benadryl Allergy and see if that helps. Just remember to take it 30 minutes before. Otherwise, you could try vacuuming daily. Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.

Hey, there always could be a different explanation for you. We'll see what Cathe says.

Take care!

Me too! I always thought this was strange. Why sneeze during cooldowns? I do have allergies also and get allergy shots now. Come to think of it, it hasn't been happening anymore. Maybe it was my allergies!:D

It is weird that it happens during the cooldown, isn't it? I just don't understand that it doesn't happen during the whole workout. Anyway, thank goodness for allergy medicine-it has helped tremendously. We are just a bunch of weirdos:+

;-) I have never in my life had allergies or have been diagnosed with them. Thanks for the advice. I am glad to see I am not the only one this happens to!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.