DVD problems

Tricia Haley

Cathlete
To Cathe or educated crowd,

Im needing some advice on what to do if your DVD is not playing right. I bought my first dvd (Cathe Abs) and when i tried doing the combo section the dvd would start to play then freeze like in a pause mode then it would move real slow like in slow motion then it would start again for a few seconds then start the process over again. Whats wierd is the other ab sections on this DVD play fine it is just the combo section that i had problems with, specifically the 1st 3. Only 1 combo section worked correctly where i could do it. My husband viewed it and he felt it was defective. I have filled out a contact us form and i emailed saturday morning but have not heard anything back. So my ? is what steps do I take to get this DVD replaced? I saw in your catolog that all DVDs have a lifetime warrenty. Is this true? What info do i need to send it back? Should i always call, email, fill out a contact you form or can I just send it back with a note of the problem? One other ? about DVDs, if you pause your dvd, like to catch your breath, can that cause skipping in the dvd? I just recieved Terminator and tried doing it today but i was afraid to pause it thinking it could cause future skips in the DVD? Thanks again Tricia H.:7

Thanks for your quick response and for the web site. I did read it and i had already done all those things except play it on another DVD player because we dont have one. Thanks again! This does bum me out because I was seriously thinking on making a big purchase and buying all her workouts on DVD. But now i feel alittle reluctant about it. I hope i get a response soon. Thanks Tricia :) :)

Dual layered dvd's can have this problem when switching from one layer to the next. I had a similar issue with one section of S&H. I cleaned it well and just try to be patient with it. Its not as bad if you clean it-- i got some special cleaning wipes at Best Buy. It seems to transition better now.

Hope that helps.

I am having the exact same problem with the Power Circuit Planks/Step Heat section (under Mix & match) of Ab Hits. It's just on the Step Heat portion of this combo. If I go to the Step Heat only ab section, it's just fine. I'm previewing the other sections and they seem to be fine. Just this one section (so far). I can live with it, but just thought SNM would want to know, in case it's a new problem. I puchased the package with all of Cathe's DVD's not too long ago (month-and-a-half?) and this is the only problem I've noticed. Converting over from VHS to DVD was the best thing to happen to my workouts! With all the pre-mixes and combos, it really makes the possibilities endless!

And just FYI: You can pause your player with no harm to the DVD. I do it all the time! (Especially on Boot Camp to catch my breath after those squat thrust/climber thingies! :7 )

Thanks again for the great info. I just recieved word that they are sending me out another DVD. :D If it had only been 1 of the combos that i was having problems with i would not have bothered but the 1st 3 combos and i think it was the last combo that didn't work. Only one did work but all the rest of them were fine. Im glad to hear about being able to pause the DVD without hurting it. I just received the terminator earlier this week and i tried to keep up with it without pausing just for the reason i didnt want to hurt the DVD and O MY GOSH!!!! i thought i was going to die.!! its good to know i can look forward to catching my breath:7 I probably will seriously think of getting all her workouts on DVD in a bundle cause that seems like the best deal. Im just hoping they will all work. Thanks again Tricia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.