Dumbbells vs barbell

kellib

Cathlete
Cathe -
I have been using a barbell and dumbbells as appropriate with a few changes (I use dumbbells for all squats and barbell for chest press in SH) for your videos thus far. However, we plan to expand the family in the near future and I'm thinking my workout room will become baby's room. I'll probably move into the living room for my workouts, which means I can't take my weight bench and barbell with me. I think I can stow sets of dumbbells away without too much trouble - I'll need to add heavier ones as mine only go up to 15# - maybe 20's and 25's.

What are the implications of using all dumbbells in your workouts (except moves like tricep dips with weight)?

Hi, I asked this question a long time ago and yes the workouts can be done with dumbbells. My 2.5 yr old is often working out with me and I can't risk him hitting a barbell. I did buy some heavier ones though. Some mods have to be made but I get a good workout in.
Traci'

you can do tricep dips with dumbells, I always have. I presume you mean the tricep dips with the barbell across your lap from MIS? Just take two dumbells and put them at the top of your thighs and dip away. Just the same.

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.