Don't want to build muscle

HaBepte

:) Hi Cathe,
I hope that you are doing good. I am using your videos to lose weight, however, I do not want to gain muscle mass. Do I stay with a low weight or not uses them at all? Because I do love your shoulder workout of the All Step video and I do not want to stop hthat segment. Thanks so much Cathe.:)

Janice

What is it with women afraid of building muscle??? I just don't understand it? Is it really cause they think that by lifting 10lbs of weight they will look like a Woman bodybuilder??? I'm a man and i want muscle mass and do you know how hard i workout to get it, lifting weight that hurts like hell, and you wanna know something else??? I still ain't that big! Now if me, (ie - MAN - higher levels of testosterone), can't get big (without a nice big dose of GH) then it sure as hell ain't gonna happen to you. Weight training will give you the weight loss you desire without the added muscle mass (read - bulk), honestly, especially if you combine it with Cardio work, trust me, I'm a man!

Hi Janice! It is very hard to gain bulky muscle mass without hours of very hard and intense (frequent) lifting. So that is not a concern here.

I suggest doing all weight work with some form of resistance (unless otherwise directed by a doctor)to increase your bone density and help prevent osteoporosis, a disease many women are prone to, especially after menopause.

Also, developing LEAN muscle mass boosts your metabolism which will result in overall body fat loss over time. So do not refrain from weight training. The weights that you select in any workout should present a challenge to you. If you are not feeling the effects of the workout while you are doing it, than you are not going to get the results.

Good Luck!

PS. While Mr. Icklemoley comes off a little strongly, I tend to believe his heart is in the right place.

>PS. While Mr. Icklemoley comes off a little strongly, I tend
>to believe his heart is in the right place.

I just noticed this and had to chuckle a little bit. I guess a nerve was hit.

I do agree with him & Cathe though.

Danielle
:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.