Don't pull my leg..

msbone

Hi, I'm looking for some REAL honest feedback here (smile)

I am an intermediate level stepper, but I love a challenging workout, you know, the kind you can't take halfway through so you have to stop stepping for a second/minute or 2 and walk around the step a few laps then pick back up?! Well, I have never tried a Cathe step video because the word advanced keeps clubbing me across the forehead and intimidating the crap outta me, so ......
question 1: is there a Cathe step video that anyone can recommend for an intermediate stepper to grow into?
question 2: if so, which would be best for a "Cathe step virgin?"

Remember I said honest feedback~ so if the answer is: "leave this place intermediate stepper!" I understand, no harm done, but I'd really like to give one of her workouts a try, I just don't know which one?
P.S. I'm interested in step only, I already have MIS and Powerhour and like to keep my workouts either strictly cardio or strictly weights, thanks for any advice. Anne

Hi Anne:
The wedding video is a nice place to start or I like Step Heat. The wedding video does have two different workouts on in though, about 55 minutes of step and I think about the sames in weights, They are two seperate workouts.
Diane

Hi Anne,

I agree with Diane on those choices. I would also add Mega Step Blast is a great one to start with as well. It has 3 sections so you can even just start out with the first two if you need to. I have had to restart excercising after several months and used these 3 modifying them to start back. You can even lower the step to "4 which can help getting started then gradually bring it back up to "6 if you want.

Good luck and happy shopping! :D

Alison

welcome, intermediate stepper

THERE IS PLENTY FOR YOU HERE!! The gals have said it. Do it. You'll love it.

I'd also have to agree that the wedding video or Step Heat are great places to start as far as learning choreography but you may "outgrow" the intensity of the wedding video sooner than you may like depending on how advance you are. I also think Mega Step Blast and also Step Max are pretty easy to learn and have good intensity as a good intro. But, my all time favorite with slightly trickier choreography is Step Jam. I just love the moves and the music in that one!

:)Stacy

RE: In praise of I-Max (again)

Hi, Anne! I've said this many times, but I can't say enough about Cathe's Interval Max workout. It consists of 10 intervals, each of which includes a step segment (basic choreography - also a good intro into Cathe's choreography for other workouts), an aerobic to anaerobic power interval, and a brief recovery. The reason I think it would be appropriate for you, as a self-described "intermediate stepper" is that the aerobic-anaerobic segments do include intensity modifications that you can perform as you learn the workout and get stronger; then you can grow into the intervals and perform them as Cathe and most of the guest participants do. It may seem "scary" at first, but again you're encouraged to do YOUR best rather than someone else's best, and it is a true training workout.

Good luck!

Annette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.