Diet

Kim100262

I am new to this site and have a question about diet/nutrition. I workout most days, but would like to lose some weight. I have the hardest time with my diet. I do not know how to cook to make everyone happy in my family. I have a 5 and 8 year old. The 5 year old is extremely picky. My husband gets home late and does not eat with us. I feel like I am always making food for someone and grabbing food for me. I just need some help on good food choices and yummy veges for children.

First of all, there is a cookbook called Deceptively Delicious that is great for sneaking veggies into food for kids, and then gradually getting them to eat it. Secondly, I would include your kids, if possible, in the preparations. Always keep fresh fruits and veggies, ready to eat - washed and chopped, or whatever. Keep all sorts of healthy things within reach. If you can, prepare meals ahead and eat that. I know it is frustrating have a picky kid and different eating schedules. Will your husband eat what you eat? My daughter does well if I make her food presentation fancy and she loves the trays like at the cafeteria. Target has some really good ones for kids. Good luck! Oh, I have quite a few kid friendly cookbooks - where they are able to prepare food. My daughter loves to go through these and pick things out to cook. I just make sure to get books that offer healthy food choices.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.