Detox Diet

Hi Cathe and all of you Cathe fans out there.
Have you ever done a detox diet? If so, what did it consist of (fasting or fruit/veggie type), how long did you do it for, did you continue to workout while detoxing, would you recommend it? I'm asking because I'm considering doing a 3-5 day detox diet myself. I spent years binging on large amounts of sugar and overeating in general. Now I've changed my life, lost the extra weight, but still feel some of the residual effects of my olden days. I feel bloated, tired, get headaches and get breakouts. I feel like if I detox, then I can start with a fresh slate. The detox diet I'm considering consists of fresh, raw fruits and veggies supplemented with fresh squeezed juices and herbal cleansing teas. I'd also like to take a break from the gym during the days I'd be detoxing and perhaps get a message and steam in a sauna. Anyway, what do you think? Thanks much! :D

Dragon Girl:
I suggest you post this question in the "Open Discussion" forum, where you will get more responses (including mine!). I kind of doubt Cathe will have an answer for this one besides "no, I haven't," since she doesn't discuss diet and nutrition that much.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.