CTX Videos Question

ss's girl

Hi Cathe,

I have been doing your tapes for about 2 months and I can't believe the differnce I have noticed! My question is when doing the PS Series I can handle much more weight (barbell 35 lbs, etc.) but can barely handle 25 lbs when doing the weight work in the CTX series. I don't know if it is because the cardio drains me or because the weight moves are faster. Is this normal or am I overdoing the cardio?

Thanks for your wonderful tapes-they are the first series that are actually helping me meet my goals!

Debbi

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-22-01 AT 10:00AM (Est)[/font][p]Hello Debbi:

I am not Cathe, but I do know what you are talking about. There have been several discussions here and other forums, as well as articles written about this. Many state that this phenomenon that you are talking about is PART of the reason why one should do weights first. On my cardio and weights day, I always do the weights first and the cardio second. You might want to consider that. If you have DVD, then it would be pretty easy to do that. However, if you have VHS (like me), then pop the tape in, do the warm up, fast forward to the weights section and mark the counter number down on the box so that you know where it is on the tape in the future, do that section, and then rewind to the counter number where you ended your warm up. That is what I do. It sound like a lot of work, but it really isn't if you just mark down the number where you ended your warm up (to come back to), and the number where the weight section begins. In the big scheme of things, I think 1 minute of inconvenience is worth it to get the most out of your workout.

Maybe Cathe can shed some more light on this. Also, here is the link to a thread that answers a little bit about this question. http://64.225.138.194/dcforum/CatheForum/2445.html

Hope this helps,
Cynthia

Thanks Cynthia,

I will try that-I have the Videos but like you said 1 minte won't kill me. I will let you know how it goes!!

Thanks!
Debbi

The CTX series is a high rep-lower weight series, whereas the PS series uses heavier weights and slower and shorter reps. This makes them nice to vary your workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.