CTX suggestion

S

SusanFit

Hi Cathe,
I have been using your videos for years, so I consider myself an advanced exerciser. My question is whether or not I can do a split routine with your CTX series and then implement the PS series later in the week. This is the idea for my rotation:

Mon/am- CTX Power Circuit (back)
Mon/pm- CTX Step and Intervals (Chest)

Tues/am- CTX Kickbox (biceps)
Tues/pm- CTX 10.10.10 (triceps)

Wednesday-CTX All Step (shoulders)

Thursday- Leaner Legs

Friday- Rest

Saturday-PS Back/Biceps..and PS Chest/Shoulders..

Sunday-PS Strong Legs and Abs

Monday- rest

Then I would repeat the cycle. Please note that I would do the cardio portion of the CTX videos also, not just the weight work.
My goal is to build muscle and lose fat.
Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Susan

Interested too

Hi Susan..and Cathe,

I am trying to figure out a routine for both CTX and PS as well. I still want to build..but also love the endurance of CTX. Susan, I like how you have shoulders by themselves, it's my favorite part to work
wink.gif
. I was thinking of throwing them in with LLegs..but I like your lay out better. And my extra question is...can we work the Chest, tri and shoulder on consecutive days? Thanks too
happy.gif

nancy:O)

Opinions

Hey Everyone,
I know Cathe is busy, so I am hoping that someone in the "educated crowd" will offer me some advice.
Thanks in advance,
Susan

What a great rotation!!

It sounds like a great idea!! I'd love to hear what Cathe has to say about it. I remember that she said it was important to put 48 hours between weight workouts for specific body parts, and it sounds like you've got that covered. She also said in the beginning of the Xpress tapes that you could train two body parts in one day, and thus work out all body parts twice a week, so I think that you're doing exactly that. If it works for you, I may try it!!

Thanks Val!

Thanks for your message Val. I plan on starting this rotation Monday, unless Cathe suggests otherwise. I'll let you know how it turns out (if I survive!!).
Wish me luck,
Susan

I'm also interested

in hearing what Cathe has to say about this. It is very interesting.

Alli
happy.gif

Moving it to the top....

just moving it to the top...

Hi Susan!

First let me say that you may want to try just using the Xpress series alone before you add on the PS series. It may give you the results you are looking for without the extra workouts. But if after 8 weeks, you don't sense that its enough, or at least working its way toward that direction, then you can add in the PS tapes.

While at first glance this rotation appears to cover all of the angles, it is very intense weight wise, and very high impact when looking at the double cardio sessions on Monday and Tuesday. You may find yourself burning out a bit by the fourth week of this kind of rotation. But if you're advanced, willing to modify whenever needed, and have time for double workout sessions, go ahead and give it a shot. I think you may do better with this rotation if you consider a couple of things: 1) Factor one full week off per three week cycles (so you're working out three weeks and off one week). 2) Consider doing the cardio portion of six packs from Monday and Tuesday evening on Thursday and Sunday evening. That will spread out your cardio a bit and put you at less risk for developing overuse injuries.

The most important thing you need to do on this rotation is listen to your body. For instance: If in the middle of the week, you wake up and say "My body aches, I absolutely dread having to work out today", then you need to make that day a rest day. Or, say you're doing your second cardio one day and you notice a little twitching in your knee. You would need to cut back on intensity, modify your future workouts, and come up with a less grueling game plan overall so that a minor twitch doesn't develop into something major. I know this all sounds like common sense but its easy to ignore doing whats best for you when you get all pumped up about starting something new.

Good Luck and let me know how you make out.

Thanks Cathe!!!

I am so happy you wrote me back! Your advice is wonderful. I will try the CTX series for 8 weeks and then move on to the new rotation. Also, I will spread out the Cardio sessions as you suggested. I love your videos Cathe. Your weight routines are exceptional. The best on the market. You are truly a genius.
Thanks Again,
Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.