Cry for Help!

azwildcat48

I am 48 and am a diet controlled diebetic I have recently let my weight increase to 203 lbs. I am finding it very hard to dedicate myself to exercise. I have watched you on fitv and feel that your workouts can be just what I need to boost myself back into shape. Although I have body fat throughout, I have serious problems from my midsection down (including the pubic area)to my upper inner thighs and am totally disgusted with myself. I want to purchase your dvd's but it's been close to a year since I have consistently done any exercise, which dvd's or workouts would you recommend?;(

You can do it. Believe in yourself and take it day by day. Make choices that will lead you in a new direction and you'll get there.

Good luck and keep posting.

Hi,
Not Cathe, but I am a Health Promotions RN. Cathe has some fantastic videos and her DVD's offer great pre-mix combos. I would say a good place to start would be basic step/body fusion. Also, her new exercise DVD's (Drill Max, BM2, Low Impact Circuit, Butts and Guts and Cardio Fusion)have timesaver workouts on them, so these are excellent if you are just starting out and haven't build up endurance and the music itself is enough to help push you through.

Finding time to exercise is a lifestyle change and will involve changing your priorities and daily routine. Many factors effect why people "don't seem to have time to exercise". Kids, household duties, work schedule etc. I'm not sure what your personal situation is but, with me personally, I make it a priority to exercise on my days off-I work three 12 hour shifts a week so I get four days off and dedicate 1 to 1 1/2 hours to exercising 4 days a week and I make it a priority for my days off. I feel a sense of accomplishment for the day if I exercise. Just about once a week, I make a list of things that need to get done and I prioritize the list of what needs to get done that day and the next couple days etc. I hire a maid to help out with housecleaning. A lot of times, I get behind on dishes or my kitchen gets a little messy, but I let that go until after I have done my exercises. Sure, there's a lot of other stuff I need to do around the house, but I put that behind for a while as I exercise.
If your one who spends a lot of time cooking, do your exercises before you start to get hungry, like one or two hours before you usually have lunch or dinner (10:00 or 11:00 a.m. or 3:00 or 4:00 p.m.) You'll be surprised at how much your not hungry and how much you want just a light meal. Try microwave Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine dinners with fruit. You'll find that you spend a lot less time cooking and more time exercising.
If you find it hard to cut back on the amount of food that your eating, then start first by substituting. For example crystal light or diet sodas for your regular beverages. Cooking with splenda and Promise fat free ultra margarine. Really look at food labels. Next time you grocery shop, go on a "fat free", "low fat" or "light" shopping spree and replace all of your grocery items with fat free or light items. Fat Free milk, bologna, hot dogs, margarine, cottage cheese, sour cream, cheese, cream cheese. Low fat potato chips, pop tarts. 100 calorie packs. Substitute candy bars for chocolate granola bars. Go also for sugar free (especially with diabetes). Also, don't think that you can eat more of these just because they have fewer calories. You can keep the same volume of food, but with fewer calories you'll lose weight just by substituting alone.
Weigh yourself daily, preferrably first thing in the morning before you eat and after using the bathroom. It's best also to weigh yourself naked too.
Watch the weight come off and reward yourself with new clothes.
Hope this helps and best of luck.
Eva

Eva... you could be my twin sister!!! I never weigh myself before eating and using the bathroom and then buck naked. That is the only really true weight. I love your diet suggestions - they are right on the money.

I have always been a proponent of exercising to decrease appetite. It works for me every time.

Very good advice you gave...... with you 100% on this one.

Hi, I'm not Cathe, just a sympathetic person. I saw your subject line and wanted to offer an idea or two.

Have you heard of T-tapp? It's a fairly easy workout DVD that does amazing things to your body in a short period of time. Many people with diabetes and auto-immune disorders have benefitted from it - mainly due to the flushing of the system and increased circulation. Maybe you should check it out, it might speed up your inch and weight loss so you can get to a point where you feel good about yourself and will be motivated to continue to progress by doing Cathe's workouts.

It's a gentle but deeply effective workout.

I've been using it while pregnant to help keep cellulite at bay -- it works! I still enjoy weight training and pushing myself harder but it's nice to have something simple in your arsenal for days when you're short on time, not feeling well, traveling etc.

Look on Amazon for her book and DVD: Fit and Fabulous in 15 Minutes, to check out reviews etc. The book is great for tips on form and lots of before and after testimonials that are inspiring. You'll need to get the full workout DVD but the book has all the moves and a bonus DVD with some deep ab exercises and a thigh workout. The book is just not as easy to follow as a full DVD.

Her website with all of her DVDs is http://www.t-tapp.com/home/

Best of luck to you!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.