Confused over separating Intervals & Circuit Training.

rjroubi

Cathlete
I'm 45 years old and totally new to interval and circuit training. My previous experience is with weights, aerobics and the Pilates Reformer. Wow! I'm finding interval (the Imaxs and my favorite LoMax) and circuit training are a tremendous challenge even though I'm not totally new to staying fit! My problem is I'm a bit confused about the scheduling of these sessions during my workout week.
I know you are supposed to separate a day between interval types trainings (ie: LoMax, IMAX 2 or 3) but do you have to have a day separate circuit training and interval training? I know they are somewhat different in terms of exercises, but is it supposed too stressful to the body to schedule them back to back?

Confused,
Robin

http://www.PictureTrail.com/rjroubi

Robin:

I don't think the scheduling of intervals and circuits back to back is as problematic as the scheduling of circuits and weight training back to back. Remember that circuits also work the muscles with weights, so you still need to put 48 hours between a circuit workut and your next weight training session.

It would be OK, if you have the knees for it, to put Imax and Bootcamp or a High Step workout back to back, because the amount of impact on the joints in the latter is much less. But it would be tougher and less advised to put an Imax and Circuit Max back to back because of the incredible impact of both workouts.

So, think of the particularities of each workout concerned and use your common sense and best judgement to help protect those joints, would be my final advice.

All the best,

Clare

Robin: don't have anything to add. Just wanted to comment on your PICS!!! WOW!!! you look amazing!!! Keep up the good work, lady....obviously working!! I want to look like you!!

BTW...thanks clare for the answer...I'm sure others had the same question and it helps alot!

take care:)
Gloria

I agree about the pics! The style of the pics is absolutely beautiful, but no amount of doctoring could have made you look like that. Your dedication to working out and clean eating is obvious - what an inspiration you are!

Any willingness to tell us about your nutritional habits and workout schedule?

RE: Confused over separating Intervals & Circuit Traini...

LOL. Thank you for your compliments...my DH will have to make a bigger doorway entrance as he likes to say.... Actually, I don't believe in diets because they actually set people up for failure. (If you deny someone something they only want it ten times more and they generally end up overeating and overweight.) I just try to eat healthy foods from all the food groups and that includes foods from the "others" food group (ie: Milky Way Bars). I really have no set plan because my needs do change from day to day.

I workout about 45 minutes to 70 minutes a day with rest days......alternating between weight training, Pilates Reformer (I absolutely love the reformer) and some cardio. I've only just started circuit and interval training (thanks to Cathe) recently ...and am enjoying the new challenge although I'm not really good at it yet. Ah, with time....

Cathe has wonderful challenging workouts and I love them.....I'm sure if anyone follows one of her rotations religiously (given at least 6 weeks) they can define their body and most definitely see a change....whether they are 20 years old or 45 years old like me.

Thanks again,
Robin
http://www.PictureTrail.com/rjroubi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.