The Comeback Kid Update 4/21/06

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! I'm so excited to be typing updates now because from here on out they will all be taking us one step closer to filming.

Yesterday was my first doc appt since surgery and all looks fantastic. I have done my knee bends faithfully this week and already gotten back 100% full range of motion (which really impressed the doctor :7). He also seemed pretty amazed that I have absolutely NO swelling around the surgery site (another big :7 ).

He took the stitches out and wrote up a script for me to start a 4 week rehab program. I'll meet with him again after I complete this to see where I stand.

He had a few photos of the surgery and we reviewed them. Very interesting stuff. I could see the plica band before and then what it looked like after being removed. He also showed me some of the floating debris that he removed and even lifted one up onto his instrument while in my knee for a better view. I asked him if the thickened plica band was a result of overuse or from that day I hurt it in kickbox class but he said there is no way to really know this for sure. My gut tells me the kickbox class since from that day forward I had one odd incident after the next around the injured area.

I have to say that the most amazing (and relieving) thing to me is how fast I am regaining the use of muscles that have been incapacitated for months now. I thought it would take so long to feel good again. Here it is just 9 days later and I actually see the start of my tear drop muscles coming back, my flexibility and balance gradually returning, and my physical ability to react to spontaneous situations restored. I feel so free to move about, yippee!

This morning my boys and I were being silly and doing the happy dance in the kitchen at breakfast when suddenly my 4 year old looked up at me and said "is your knee all better now mommy?" I said "YES IT IS" as I launched into my own rendition of 'twist and shout':)

Even though I am beyond excited at my progress, I do realize that I need to take it slow and ease back gradually. You can be sure that I am DEFINITELY doing that. I will post updates every couple of weeks to let you know how things are going and, at some point in the future, I will be very excited to finally set that film date :7

Thank you and have a great weekend everyone!

Cathe

;) I am soo HAPPY FOR YOU CATHE!!! As you know I was really getting concerned. I can not imagine how you must have felt not knowing what was wrong and being in the line of work you are in, not knowing if you would be able to participate again. Please take it easy! It doesn't surprise me that you would heal so quickly, being that you are in indescribably incredible shape! Hugs to you!:*

Wow! That is fabulous! How very encouraging to know that you will be feeling better than ever. Thanks for sharing your good news with us. :)

Awesome news Cathe!

I'm definitely looking forward to the new workouts but please take it easy!

My excitement is tomorrow I dance on stage. The combination of doing your workouts and taking jazz dance has enabled me to be in the advanced class with the teenagers (I turned 39 in March). Our dance is to "Walk this Way"...it's amazing how intense a three minute dance can be. I'm super excited because my dance leap is on the cover of the program (I think the height I got is due to doing the Interval Maxes).

All the best!

That is WONDERFUL news! I am so happy for you!! Now, not too much twisting and shouting...take you time!! ha ha
Have a great weekend, Cathe!!!

Jenni

Cathe, I'm so happy to hear that your healing process is getting better and better! You take it easy and have a great weekend:7
randi

Cathe, I'm dancing along with you right now. What great news and I can see the excitment coming through this computer screen. Yippie! :)

Cathe that is so wonderful! I can just piccture you and the kids dancing around in the kitchen. Very cute!
Aren't you grateful for muscle memory?!

Kathy

YEs - fabulous job Cathe, and I know you'll rehab and recoup the correct way. But more than that I think you are even MORE of an inspiration now. Because injuries and illness will plague us all from time to time, but you are evidence that a committment to fitness and good health will help the body mend and rebound better and more quickly. I'm glad you've allowed us all to share this journey with you. Congratulation Cathe.

Lorrie

You betcha Kathy! It is simply amazing how fast it is coming back. It is so hard to contain my excitement. I was walking around the club yesterday on Cloud 9. With how fast this is all coming back, I couldn't help but have the thought run through my mind "gosh if they only would have discovered this sooner" but you know what, they found it, and thats all that matters now. I'm moving forward (literally :) )

OMG, I can literally hear and feel your excitement.:) I am happy dancing because you are able to happy dance. OK, now calm down a bit and take care of yourself.:7

OMG Cathe your update has hundreds of Catheites doing the Happy Dance in front of our computers. :)

So excited for you and your family and everyone in your life- I can only imagine how they have been feeling for you (like we all have!) during this most difficult period for you.

WAY TO GO. Keep healing, keep smiling, and keep hugging and dancing easy with your kids!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.