Classifying Circuit DVDs in workout program..

olexa17

Cathlete
Cathe,

First of all, so good to see you 'back'!! I cannot wait to get the new DVDS!!!

I have been doing a lot of tweaking with my workout routine after some serious overtraining on my part. I thought I knew a ton about fitness/working out but obviously some of it slipped my mind.

I had been doing HIIT cardio on the elliptical every day as my cardio warmup then (this was 6x a week or 5x a week) then Weight workouts, usually your workouts with a few other Cathe wannabes thrown in!!

Now after realizing that my overtraining zealousness was likely the reason for my plateau in weight loss, I want to move forward doing things right.

Can you confirm - I should NOT do solid weight workouts two days in a row? Unless I split it up and did like GS legs one day followed by GS CT the next?

For pure cardio, I have been pretty much relying on the elliptical. I am not a step person at all as i Have 7 left feet. I grew BORED with Taebo after 10 years. I do have your KPC and Kick Max which I love but the rest of my "cardio" workouts would be classified I THINK as circuits; HST HSC - and what about Bootcamp? Those use weights but also are cardio- would you say I could do those after a weight day or no? This is what confused me.

Also should cardio be done AFTER weights? And how much of HIIT vs. a more slow/steady cardio?

Sorry for all the questions Cathe. I'm really close to reaching my goal this year. and I want to ensure top results and not waste efforts like I have been earlier this year with dumb overtraining!!!

THANK YOU!!

Kelly G
www.kellyganieany.com :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.