Circuit Max Question

J

Jessica

Hi, Cathe! I have been doing your workouts since I was a freshman in high school, now as a freshman in college I am determined to not gain the "freshman fifteen." I have even lugged my step up to my dorm room & do step in my room, as your videos have made the aerobic classes offered here too easy for me! I want to buy your new step videos, Cardio Kicks and Circuit Max. My question is what is the range of dumbbells I will need for Circuit Max? At home I have many different weights, but does this video focus on endurance or muscle building? I'm going home this weekend and so I can bring up the weights I will need then. Thank you! Jessica

Hi Jessica! I'm not Cathe but I just did Circuit Max yesterday -it's a great workout! Cathe refers to 5 and 8 lb weights on the tape and she also uses a heavier weight but I don't believe she mentioned the specific poundage of her heavier weight. I used 5, 8, 10 and 12 lbs with this tape. It's more of an endurance tape and it is tough but also fun! For cardio there is hi-lo, kickbox and step and for strength there is 2 sections each of triceps, shoulders and biceps, one section for back, push ups for chest and plank work for abs. You'll also love Cardio Kicks, it's a blast, my favortie of the 8 pk! :-jumpy
Have fun and good luck at school.

Hi Jessica!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-09-00 AT 07:09PM (Est)[/font][p]I just wanted to say that I use the same weights that Lorrie uses for the CircuitMax tape. I do use a heavier weight when Cathe does the upper back. I either use 15 or 20 pounds but Cathe does suggest you can use two weights in one hand. It is a great tape and you will LOVE CardioKicks too. Good for you for being prepared to keep those "Freshmen 15" off. Good Luck and have fun when you get your new tapes! :)Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH

Hi Jessica! You have gotten great advice from the others here. This video focuses more on endurance(hi reps and lighter weight). At the very end we do a short section of one arm rows to include your "back" in the workout. Chances are you will be able to handle more than an 8 pound weight for this. If so, double up your weight in one hand or just use one heavier weight for this. Good for you for avoiding the "freshman 15". Have a great year in school!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.