Cellulite

ovaraptur

Hi Cathe,

I have your Butts & Guts DVD, and I love it!! I hope to have as many of your DVDs as possible. My question is, what in the Butts & Guts workout specifically targets cellulite? If there is not anything in this DVD that specifically targets cellulite, is there another workout that you would recommend to focus on this area?:cool:

Not Cathe, and I'm sure there are others on here who can give better advice, but I don't think there is any video that "targets" cellulite.

you can't make your body lose fat in a specific spot.

Building muscle will help with skin tone reducing the appearance of cellulite, and clean eating will help you to lose weight and reduce the volume cellulite.

I understand that highly processed foods, like partially hydrogenated fats, High Fructose Corn Syrup and artifical sweetners can contribute to the appearance of cellulite because of how hard they are on your system to process and how they effect cell structures and they way they are metabolized.

Also, the appearance of cellulite is related to the breakdown of collagen and supporting structures in the skin causing a "lumpy" appearance. Weight work increases the natural production of Human Growth Hormones which is good for you skin.

Of course, if I am wrong I trust fellow Cathe fans to correct me.

Shelshula, I agree with you that there aren't any workouts that specifically target cellulite. Reducing body fat and building muscle will definitely be the best way to minimize the appearance to nearly nothing. I know that when I gain weight in the winter, and holy low-light days...it never fails, I ALWAYS gain in the winter, I'll have some dimpling on my inner thighs, but the minute I hit the bike AND lift heavier, its gone.

Hi Cathe,

I have your Butts & Guts DVD, and I love it!! I hope to have as many of your DVDs as possible. My question is, what in the Butts & Guts workout specifically targets cellulite? If there is not anything in this DVD that specifically targets cellulite, is there another workout that you would recommend to focus on this area?:cool:

Not Cathe either but along with reducing overall bodyfat I find I must also eat clean. I have been really low in BF before and not eaten clean - still had cellulite...For my body WHAT I eat is actually more important for cellulite control than even my BF%.

Regardless- B&G regularly can do amazing things for ya!;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.