WHICH OF CATHE'S VIDEOS ARE MODERATE IN CHOREOGRAPHY?

rpv

im really choreography challenged especially when it comes to step aerobics. i prefer moderate choreography but high intensity. i really like Reebok's Intense Moves. i also have Cathe's the Wedding Video which i think is her easiest. i want to buy more of her videos but it seems that most of her videos have complex choreography. can anyone please rate cathe's videos in terms of intensity, complexity and choreography? THANKS A LOT!

Interval Max

If you like intensity and you are already doing Reeboks Intense Moves then try Interval Max. The step sections are some of the more basic and easiest to catch on to. Cathe does a simple combo and repeats it 6 times before moving into the interval and there are 10 intervals in the workout. Warning(for those gasping that I recommended IMAX to someone after only doing the Wedding tape)..this is one of the toughest intensity tapes of Cathes and it's not your average step tape, but you don't have to go all out on the intervals either..it just happens to have good basic combos in between for learning Cathes choreography. And if I read you post right...you seem up to the challenge;-).

If you find that you have little or no difficulty getting those combos down, feel free to jump into Cathe's earlier tapes. Her moves are some of the same and she breaks them down a tad bit more than her later ones like Step Works and the routines in Cross Train Express. OK...I'm starting to ramble but...I would almost say try PowerMax next if you don't want to tackle IMAX. PowerMax was one of my first couple Cathe workouts and the tempo is a tad slower and the moves very athletic and intense.

Once you get a few of the early tapes down, you'll see some of those same moves repeated in other combos in later tapes. You'll also become accustomed to Cathe's cuing and find that you learn her newer steps much quicker...even with new moves.

PS...not a fan of complex stuff either but I love the high intensity:) and never really struggled with Cathes stuff like I do with others choreography, so I know where you are coming from;-).

Wow...very hodge podge post..but you get the gist;-)...work your way up to the newer ones.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/naconfer/images/summervfnut.gif

RE: Interval Max

A good tape is Step Heat. Watch it once through and you're ready to do it. That is how I went about it. Not very hard to follow, good intensity, fun moves. I only tripped up a few times but got back in step quickly.

Hope this helps.

Hi Rvp! You may want to give Step Heat a try. The first cardio portion contains fairly easy choreography yet is challenging intensity wise. The second cardio section is intense yet contains slightly trickier choreography. But this part is not very long so you can work your way into learning it without it being overwhelming. Good Luck!

I agree that once you learn a few of Cathe's moves, you will catch on to her other tapes and moves easily. I have a terrible time with some tapes - I've nearly given up on CIA tapes - to me it's not worth the wasted time trying to catch-on to the moves. Cathe is not like that. Her cueing is perfect and she calls the moves by the same name on her tapes. She'll even tell you on some tapes if she has changed the name of a move! Cathe is definitely worth the effort!!

Try MIC. It is half hi-lo and half step. The music is great and the choreography is pretty basic.

Windy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.