Cathe's Live Class

K

kcallsit

Hi Cathe!

It was awesome watching the class live from my home this morning. I seemed to have some problem with the buffering. The sound would go off for about ten seconds, (same with the video) and then come back on, repeating every now and then - kind of frustrating when you're trying to step! Would this be a problem with my computer or just the way "live" is transmitted? Hope you can help - hey - where'd all your baby fat go??? (haha!)
You look great!

Thanks, Kathy

The Cathe Cam

A lot is going to depend on server traffic at our end. We're using a high end DSL to broadcast, but this is not powerful enough to handle the traffic we're now receiving.

Eventually, we will start broadcasting to our new outside server. This server is hooked up to 8-T3 lines and should be able to handle any load. Once this happens you will connect to the outside server, instead of connecting directly to us. We will beam the brodacast to the outside server that will in turn broadcast it to you.

Also, your computer and modem speed will play an important part in the quality of the picture you receive. I watched the broadcast today on a DSL and didn't have any buffering problems, though the frames per second dropped off quite a bit.

Chris

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.