Cathe's CTX/PS rotation

tknelsen

Cathlete
Dear Cathe-
I have decided to start "Cathe's Own Ten-Week CTX/PS Rotation" and I need some clarification about the rotation.

During weeks one-two : on Friday I am supposed to do Step& Intervals (cardio only) then go right into PS Legs& Abs. My problem is that I have to sneak my exercise inbetween my kids naps, preschool, etc. and it is hard for me to come up with a big block of time. Woul d it change the results if I did Step& Intervals and cooled down, and then later in the day did the PS Legs & Abs (including the warm-up) ? I wasn't sure if there is a reason they need to be done back to back, (i.e. to increase muscle endurance, or pre-fatigue the legs ).

I have the same question then about weeks six-eight: can I do the PS at a different time, or should it be back to back with the cardio?

And with weeks nine-ten: on wed and fri when I am to add on 20 minutes of cardio, should it be tacked on to the 1st workout, or can I do it as a separate thing?

Thanks for any advice/guidance you can give me.
P.S. this is my first time ever doing a "rotation". Wish me luck!

I was also hoping to hear the answer to this so I thought I would give it a little nudge to the top.

Mikie

I am definately interested in learning about this rotation. Can you tell me where I can find it posted.
Thanks
Loren

It was in the rotation section of this forum several weeks ago.
Or you can find it at the Video Fitness Fanatics website.

Hi, Everyone

I am currently in week 2 of this rotation. We'll wait for Cathe's answer, but I think you can break up the workout. I think she only put them back to back so that you would have a 60 minute workout. I'll anticipate her answer as well.

Here's the rotation:

Cathe’s Own Ten-Week CTX/PS Rotation

Weeks One – Two:

Monday........Circuit Max
Tuesday.......PS Back/Bi/Abs
Wed...........Cardio Kicks
Thurs.........PS Chest/Shoulder/Triceps (add a five minute abs workout to this)
Fri...........Step & Intervals (cardio portion only), go right into PS Legs/Abs (but skip PS warm up)
Sat...........OFF
Sun...........Power Circuit (cardio portion only) but don't cool down. Go right into the "intensity drills section" of Cardio Kicks (add a five minute abs workout to this).

Weeks Three – Five:

CTX Series (Monday through Saturday any Xpress tape of your choice but try not to put Power Circuit and Leaner Legs back to back. Two days of another Xpress tape in between these two tapes would be great.)

Weeks Six – Eight:

Mon....Power Circuit in its entirety plus add on PS Chest/Shoulder/Triceps
Tues.....Kickbox in its entirety
Wed......All Step in its entirety
Thurs.....Step & Intervals in its entirety plus PS Back/Bicep/Abs
Fri........Leaner Legs plus the floor work portion of PS Legs(so its the section that has inner thigh, outer thigh, hamstrings, but leave out abs since you already had them on the Leaner Leg tape)
Sat........10/10/10 in its entirety
Sun.....REST

Weeks Nine and Ten:

Mon....Power Circuit in its entirety plus add on PS Chest/Shoulder/Triceps
Tues.....Kickbox in its entirety
Wed......All Step in its entirety + 20 minutes of cardio of your choice
Thurs.....Step & Intervals in its entirety plus PS Back/Bicep/Abs
Fri........Leaner Legs plus the floor work portion of PS Legs (so it’s the section that has inner thigh, outer thigh, hamstrings, but leave out abs since you already had them on the Leaner Leg tape) + 20 minutes of cardio
Sat........10/10/10 in its entirety
Sun.....REST

Vernetta

I don't know how this can be a PS/CTX rotation when it has Cardio Kicks in it, that tape isn't in any of those series. What can be subsituted?
Patricia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.