Cathe-Are you still planning a kickboxing video w/ a he...

miosy

I remember you mentioned a few months ago about releasing a kickboxing video using a heavy bag..something like that :)
Are you still planning to release that in the future.

Thanks!

There were/are 4 boxing workouts planned, not this filming, not the next filming (which is a 4-day split, cardio/weights series, plus a step workout and maybe something else?), but the filming after that. One of the workouts is supposed to be a heavy bag workout.

Here you have the message that Cathe posted:

The Announcement - FINALLY!" Search result list | Previous match | Next match

Cathe Friedrich Thu Sep-15-05 08:56 PM
Charter member
5194 posts

#54540, "The Announcement - FINALLY!"

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for waiting so patiently for this announcement. You are actually the first to hear about the new direction our company will be taking as of next week. Drum roll please (wink)

I'm excited to share with you that Cathe.Com has officially signed an agreement with CCETV, a division of Clear Channel Entertainment. If your initial reaction is perhaps skeptical, let me erase your doubt. This agreement is one that respectably protects you, our loyal customer base. CCETV completely understands our core audience, and in fact, the person who first contacted us from CCETV was Wendy, a Cathe fan too. Wendy is an advanced exerciser who works out to our DVDs every week and is just as excited as we are about taking the Cathe brand to a whole new level.

Upon starting this company 16 years ago, it was my dream and goal to be a leader in the fitness industry by inspiring people to believe in themselves, work hard, and exercise with passion. I always put my all into every workout I did and still do. I carry that same passion into every DVD I make. They are all creatively designed to be solid, effective, workouts that deliver hard earned and impressive results. With so many less advanced workouts appearing on the market, I knew it would be a long hard fight to get out there. I developed a business plan from the very beginning that hopefully one day would lead to an agreement like the one we have just signed with CCETV.

We have actually spent the last several months in negotiations with CCETV working out all the details and making sure that the essence of both companies remains in tact and positively expanded upon.

Before signing with CCETV we wanted to make sure that they shared our vision with our loyal and very enthusiastic following. You will be thrilled to hear that we will remain in complete control of all filming productions and will not be limited to the number of productions we can make. Though we will happily continue to expand into producing beginner/intermediate DVDs, we will NEVER abandon our passion for producing advanced fitness workouts (you know I would never do that, wink). We will continue to run and operate our website and sell DVDs on our site just as we always have. CCETV understands that it is important that what has made us successful over the last decade does not change. CCETV's job will be to leverage our success and develop our brand into a national and worldwide phenomena. Both parties agree that this can best be done by keeping our most loyal customers happy and enthusiastic. There will be an official press release in few days from CCETV about our agreement, but again, I wanted you to know first.

By the way, this will not effect our Fit TV show in anyway. Our relations with Escalade Sports (The Step Company) remains the same too. So you see, nothing is taken away, only improved and expanded upon.

I just have to say that after getting to know CCETV over the last few months, I am honored, proud, and very excited to be working with them. They are just wonderful people as you will now come to see.

Now I KNOW you are all waiting for the "part 2" of this announcement. Yes, you guessed it, we are going to be filming more ADVANCED DVDs.

1) Body Max 2...same length and format (with perhaps a slight twist) as Body Max but with all new material (step aerobics will be the primary source of cardio)

2) Butts and Gutts...the best of the best exercises to get the job done (a stability ball and incredible floorwork will be used in this workout) approx. 60 minutes

3) Low Impact Circuit.....High Intensity low impact step aerobics alternated with cycles of weight training (format is along the lines of Cardio and Weights) Approx. 60 minutes.

4) Drill Max....Shock your body with non-stop NEW and energizing advanced fitness drills. This 60 minute plateau buster will burn maximum calories and condition your body from head to toe. It will be similar in intensity to that of the Imax series and conditioning drills of KPC and Kick Max.
Even more exciting news.......

In the upcoming year we have several more DVD productions planned . We will split the filming cycles up over a couple of productions but some workouts in the line up are:

Winter:

1) An advanced solid step workout ( along the lines of Rhythmic Step and Step Blast)

2) A four day cardio/weight split routine (ie: a) 30 minute form of cardio plus 30 minutes upper body b) 30 minute form of cardio plus 30 minutes standing lower body focus c) 30 minute form of cardio plus 30 minutes remaining upper body d) 30 minute form of cardio plus 30 minutes lower body floorwork).

Spring/Summer:

A Boxing Camp Series: This advanced all out series will feature workouts based on a boxer's training regiment and adapted for the advanced home exerciser. This series is still being developed but to give you an idea it will be something like:

a) Intro to Boxing
b) Cardio Boxing
c) Boxing with the Bag
d) Boxing Plus Lower Body

While it is my intention to stick to these workout ideas as closely as possible, any or all of the listed workouts will be subject to change (if needed) in order to enhance the flow and effectiveness of the workout.

We will begin the presale of the first 4 new advanced workouts tomorrow.

I hope you are as excited as we are. This is indeed a special time for ALL of us

Take Care,
Cathe

Mariángeles a spanish terminator and Turbo Jam junkie.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.