Cathe, You are Going to Love this.....

roscoe415

Cathlete
You are going love this one. My brother is a hard core cyclist and has done Taebo in the past. He was wondering what he's going to do to keep in shape over the winter. I was telling him about your workouts and offered the use of my workout room and workout dvd's (only Cathe) to him anytime he wanted to work out (he lives 2 minutes away from me). Well, here was his response:

"Sure, I’ll try one of your girly workout tapes…then I’ll move to a taebo tape to get my exercise done. Should I bring my bon bons?"

He is in for a rude awakening! I CAN'T WAIT!

Stay tuned.......

>"Sure, I’ll try one of your girly workout tapes…then I’ll move
>to a taebo tape to get my exercise done. Should I bring my
>bon bons?"
>
>He is in for a rude awakening! I CAN'T WAIT!

Think Body Max or one of the Imaxes is 'girly' enough for him? }( }(

Yeah, Karen, start him off with Hardcore Extreme and see what he thinks then!! }( }( }( LOL! My DH tried Cathe once... Wanted some manly weight work and got mad when I could lift more than he could b/c I lift so regularly. Men, lol!

Carol

I wouldn't do anything dancey or highly choreographed b/c many men just don't like them, don't get them, and don't do them. If he's done taebo however and knows the names of the moves - maybe a KPC. Or really knock him out with an endurance based one like ME - and see how much weight he can do on those biceps curls! Oh PLEASE do let us know how this goes!

Lorrie

Pain is temporary - quitting lasts forever
Candace Grasso, CC-V-6

That's too funny. I can't wait to hear his reaction!

Hey, my husband did GS Chest&Tri's with me this past Monday, legs yesterday, and is now looking forward to the shoulders,back & biceps tomorrow. He's in great shape and finds Cathe's workout's very challenging. He told me to buy more!
Next week it's slow & heavy for us:)

Definitely let us know how it goes. My 18yo son did Gym Style Back, Shoulders, and Biceps. He started off using the same weight as Cathe. By the time it was over, he was reaching for 5 pounders and took a nap when he was finished. He liked it and did it again the next week. When he got to the band work for the shoulders, I could hear him saying, "What is she thinking." It was so funny.

get him to do Imax the original, it is totally non-dancy and then some serious weight training to follow, GS series seems fine, and he has to complete ALL the chest work, including ALL THE PUSH UPS AS CATHE PERFORMS THEM. Then, let him scoff.....!

Clare

I would LOVE to be a fly on *that* wall!!!

Let us know how the "girly tape" session went!!! I can't wait!

If he likes Taebo, then maybe let him try out the leg drill in Kick Max!}(

I so want to hear how this one goes. He has no idea what he's in for.

I can hear Cathe's laugh from (I think) it's ME during the bicep work - ha! }(

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

My husband did the slow and heavy shoulders with me the other day and let me tell you, it gave him a good sweat. When he gets the time, he will be more than happy to do another of the Cathe workouts with me.

You have to let us know what your brother says. Curious minds want to know.

Lea

I agree with not giving him anything really dancy--or with any choreography to speak of. He'll just use that as an excuse that it's too girly.

My suggestion: ME/BC bonus workout (with extra heavy weights, because he is such a manly man;-) ) followed by the Kick Max high impact drills, followed by BC cardio only premix.

Or maybe one of A-jocks eeevil mish moshes--She posted some especially wicked ones on the rotations forum. I hope this link works. It's the first time I've attempted to post a link. http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=6030&mesg_id=6030&page=

Let us know how it goes.

Maggie}(

Or he could do Kick, Punch, and Crunch with some 5-lb ankle weights and 2.5lb wrist weights on.

That should keep him quiet.

I say start him off with IMAX (any one of them) and then let him work on GS Chest and Tris! I bet he won't make it through the pyramid push-ups!

Let us know!!!!

It's going to be a few weeks before he tries one of the workouts. His first priority is riding his bike. I've been trying to explain to him that if he wants to increase his stamina, he MUST do Cathe's workouts. To my knowledge, he's never done any kind of weight work. He's only done Taebo and biking. The guys that he rides with do different types of marathons during the summer. He wants to try one, but he's afraid he won't be able to keep up even though he's in great shape. But his muscles are only conditioned for biking since that's all he does.

Anyway, I want Cathe to put him in his place when he tries the workout, but I also want him to like her workouts because it will be the best thing he can do to increase his stamina.

Honestly, though, if he's interesting in competing either on the bike or running, what he really needs is .... to bike and run, working in intelligent training session (interval work, hill work, tempo work, long runs/rides, etc.). I'd use Cathe workouts for strength **only** here. He should be doing his endurance work on the bike and on his feet. Cathe cardio never did a thing for my running in a positive way. :(

Strength work, on the other hand, would definitely be useful for him.

m.

"girly workout tapes" hahahaha!

I think just the push up segment of GS: C&T will change his mind. Then Hardcore Extreme: workout #2 (Hi/Lo intervals).

Your post made me laugh. :7

LOL:+:+ I liked Kathryns idea! yea think maybe IMAX 3, HSTA, or Body Max be "girlie" enough:+:+:+ LOL! He's in for a rude awakening}(

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

HAHAHA - that's funny. I went from Tae Bo to Cathe because Tae Bo became too easy. I still do Tae Bo occasionally just for some variety (and nostalgia) but honestly, I barely break a sweat until I am about 30-35 mintues into it. I can't wait to see his face when he tries one of her more challenging workouts. Put him through an IMAX or Bootcamp!

Dianna

http://www.picturetrail.com/Luv2WorkHard

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.