Cathe vs. Gin Miller

N

noc529

Ladies,
I could use a help on something. I have not ordered Cathe's tapes yet mainly because of the $. I'll be ordering something from her soon and I was wondering which one of her tapes are like Gin Miller's Intense Step? Is the IMax2 like Gin's Intense Step? Also, are any of Cathe's videos close enough to Gin Miller's Aerostep as well? I'm a little nervous about ordering Cathe's tape. I'd appreciate any insights you have for me. Thanks so much!!

Lisa

Yes, IMAX 2 is the same concept and intensity as Intense Moves, Gin's interval step tape. But is is more fun! Much better music. I don't have Aerostep so I don't know about that one.
Beth

I find Gin's Intense Moves tape to be more athletic and the moves more straght forward, with you facing the TV, or sometimes sideways to the TV. I really like it! There are a lot of options for intensity. Even though the moves are high impact, I don't have any trouble with this workout aggravating my knees.

Cathe's IMAX2 is a bit more dancy and contains more figure 8 type moves and moves in which you turn to face away from the TV, etc.

By the way, this is not really a question for the "Ask Cathe" forum, which are questions for Cathe, but should be in the "Video questions and comments" forum.

The first IMAX or Interval Max it's called is much more like what your looking for I think. It's a great tape.

I think Rythmic Step would be the other tape you want it's a touch complex on the footwork but you'll get it after a few run thrus.

Edith

I want to tell you guys thanks! Now I have a better idea of Cathe's IMax2. I wasn't sure for a long time what it was until I did the Intense Step the other day and realized IMax is close to Intense Step.
By the way, Katharine, I know it is Ask Cathe Forum...The question is for Cathe as well. I know about other forums, I can read, you know??? That was why I said Ladies, not just Cathe. I wanted others opinions, too. Think before you type, please. Thank you.

Lisa

I think that Kathryn was trying to say that your question was more suitable for the video and dvd questions and comments because Cathe doesn't usually answer questions dealing with other videos, (or comparing her videos to others) but just about her own. I don't think she meant to insult you. :(
Purplesky1120

Hi all! It doesn't seem as though this thread is going in a constructive direction. Thank you all for your participation and suggestions up to this post and let's now end this post here. I appreciate everyones cooperation with this request:)

A friendly note to Lisa.....it is true that I do not discuss/compare other instructors videos since I do not think it is professionally appropriate. For this reason I do feel it would be a better choice to post this question in Videos/Comments or Open Discussion. Thanks for understanding :) :)

Hi Cathe,
I'm new to this website and I don't know what I can ask or cannot ask. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask you about it just to get a clearer picture of what IMax2 is like. The video clips doesn't help me very much because it's so tiny and blurry. It's like I'm wearing a bulletproof glasses :eek:) I won't ask you if your videos are like other instructors anymore. Honestly, I think pretty much every instructors have almost all the same moves in their videos as others. Also, is the IMax2 soft on your knees even though I hear it's intense. I have a little problem with my left knee.
I thank you and everyone else who has replied to my post. You all have a wonderful week. Take care.

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.