Cathe, SNM!! Is music volume supposed to be this low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jozybaby

Cathlete
Hi,

I've bought several workouts and *absolutely* loved the drive of the music. Why is the volume in this otherwise *wonderful* series so low? The music is more like background than an integral part of the workout. I just can't concentrate and engage well when the beats aren't rocking.

What gives? Perhaps this is an editing error on a few disks?

The music has been a huge disappointment to me. The volume in Kick Max is so low that I can barely hear it and good thumping music is so important to cardio.

Also, the music was just plain gratingly bad in Muscle Max and Core Max to the extent that I don't want to do either of these workouts again. Why wasn't a "music off" option included? I didn't order the rest of the series and I'm glad now.

I too agree the music is way too low!! Way too low... I love Cathe and have almost of her workouts and hate there is no option for the volume. In Imax3 the volume is so low you hear the tapping of their shoes when they hit the step... Very Very disapointed. Workouts are great, but will have to agree Music is a BIG part of the workout for me, I always love when Cathe says "That beat is rockin", but for this series the music is not loud enough.
Annette

I don't have my Hardcore Series yet (it is supposed to be delivered yet), however, the Body Blast series gives you an option to choose between the following Audio Tracks

Normal Mix
Vocals Only
Music Louder

That option is given any time you hit play, I haven't figured out if there is another way. But I am sure the more tech-savy crowd on the forum can give you an answer.

Carola

RE: Cathe, SNM!! Is music volume supposed to be this l...

Carola, the new workouts do not have that option and I wish they did. I have never complained on this forum until now. I also am very disappointed in the music volume. I have stereo surround sound and was hoping this would help, but it does not. There was 1 workout, I think the High Step one, where the music is fairly loud, but Kick Max is very low as well as others.

Hi,
I personally enjoyed the music and did not think it was a problem. However, if you are disappointed, perhaps your DVD player has some audio settings or your TV has an equalizer. You might find a setting that is more enjoyable for you.
Good luck,
Amy

I just did LowMax yesterday and could barely hear the music. I agree with everyone; this is really disappointing.

In this series, there isn't an option to choose between vocals louder, music louder, or vocals only that I've seen. If there is and I'm missing it, please someone point me in the right direction.:)

I never complain either, and the music on Low Max was low......I absolutely love the music in IMAX2 (didn't try IMAX3 yet)....Crazy for you in interval 9 is unbelieveable....also, Step & Intervals - interval 3 - wow. I too am disappointed with both music and volume in Low Max.

I did Imax 3 yesterday and absolutely loved it!!! But, I have to agree that the music was extremely low.

Joanne

I did notice the sound was a little low too. I did try to adjust my audio settings on both my dvd player and my tv. Both the player & tv are high quality Sony products, so I know it's not that. I really enjoy the music in this series, but wish it was a little bit louder. I am not one to complain either. I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Aila

I agree, the music is way too low! I am very disappointed, as I count on the music to keep me going.
PLEASE, Cathe, in all future workouts include a MUSIC LOUDER OPTION!!

There could be a good reason that SNM didn't choose the music louder option. Personally my DH hates any music that isn't his so if it's not loud I'm sure he'll send a thanks to Cathe ;-)

I'm so not a complainer and I generally only lurk over here rather than post...

Just to give a bit of background, I have every one of Cathe workouts and am a true die-hard fan of all of them.

That being said, however.....I am one of the disappointed ones when it comes to the volume of music in these DVDs. I have a high quality tv and DVD player so that is not the issue. The music is extremely low in most of the workouts I've previewed - however, at odd moments, it comes through loud and clear.

For instance, it is barely discernible in Gym Style: Chest and Triceps when I did it yesterday (same with Back, Sh and Bis); however, when I did the stretch section today of Gym Legs, I heard the cooldown music very well (and loved it by the way!).

I did KickMax this morning; again, the music is very low.

I'm one of those who "needs" good pumping music to get/keep me going whether it comes to cardio or weightlifting.

I am hugely disappointed....

Terri

Have you played around with the settings on your TV and DVD player? I have and I found that it sounded very different on different settings. If you have a high quality TV and DVD player, it might mean that you actually have more options and sometimes it means that you have it customized in a way that you did not realize. I was happy with the sound on the regular default settings, but I love to jam that music louder, so I made it happen with the TV equalizer. I played with different settings on mine, turning off the "dialogue enhancer" which we usually keep on, and I bumped the bass and treble up just a bit on my TV and I LOVE the way it sounds.

Count me in as one who is DISAPPOINTED about the music.

I love the music selected, but it's not loud enough. Music is what helps drive me, through a tough Cathe workout, just a very important part for me.

I'll try to play with my TV's settings and see if it helps.

:-(

I did some playing around with my surround sound and have previewed about 4 workouts and the music is now rocking. Yes the cueing is a little louder than I normally like, but that is not a problem. I did have to turn up some base on these and I may drive my family nuts when they're at home:p , but the workouts sound good now. I'll definitely be giving Low Max a try later this afternoon. Thanks Cathe!!!!

I've never posted before, so...greetings! I have most of Cathe's dvds--love 'em! HOWEVER! Wow! The music level is so low on this new set, I'm so deeply disappointed. Yes, I can crank up the volume level, but then Cathe is yelling out the cues. Too much. Unless this gets fixed, and new sets released, I'm doomed to such a low level of music, it is non-existent. I'll check with my son, he's a sound man. But, I think it's wrong to suggest adjusting your set when all of Cathe's other dvds have been fine. Admit an error was made, please.

Nomio

I hate to complain but the difference in the sound of these is definitely noticeable. All I do are Cathe's workouts. Cathe's voice is significantly louder and the music softer on these. The difference in a bodyblast or intensity disc sound is very dissapointing.

To end on a postive note. The Imax3 warm up is just pure fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.