Cathe: Rotation-type question

MarlaGaz

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

I was considering making myself a rotation where I do a different workout each week for each body part, rather than doing the same workout for 3 weeks and then switching (i.e., doing a Slow Heavy rotation for 3 weeks, then switching).

For example:

Chest ever Monday --
1st Monday PUB
2nd Monday Slow Heav
3rd Monday Gym Style
4th Monday All chest from Supersets & Push/Pull (2 rounds)

Back every Tuesday --
1st Tuesday PUB
2nd Tuesday Slow Heavy
3rd Tuesday Gym Style
4th Monday All back from Supersets & Push/Pull (2 rounds)

Legs every Wednesday --
1st Wednesday PLB
2nd Wednesday Slow Heavy
3rd Wednesday ... etc. I might even mix it up within the same week)

Is there any reason not do to this? I thought it might be fun for my brain -- I just want to be sure it's a good, safe, and effective way to train.

Thanks!
Marla

P.S. I cannot adequately express how important & special you are. Everything you do is just so fabulous! You're the best! :)

Hi Marla! I think your rotation looks GREAT! I may even give that a go myself. I don't see why it wouldn't be safe or effective. I'm assuming the rest of the week would be the other body parts you didn't mention, right? Cathe is unbelievably busy right now and I know it has to bother her that she hasn't had time to post lately. Hopefully after the roadtrip things will slow down for her a bit. (I doubt it...you know Cathe! ;-)) Let me know if you decide to do this rotation and your thoughts. See you in July!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi Debbie! Thanks for posting. Yes, the rest of the week would cover the other body parts. My main idea was to hit every body part every week, but with a lot of variety on which workout I would use. So every Monday would be chest, but it would be a different chest workout each week. Every Tuesday would be back, but a different back workout each week ... etc.

And I wouldn't necessarily use the same workout series throughout any given week. Monday's chest might be Gym Style, Tuesday's back might be Pyramid Upper Body, Wednesday legs might be Legs & Glutes, etc.

Each day of the week would remain the same only in the body part worked. The workout itself would be the variable.

I would also leave one day a week for a circuit workout or total body workout, just to cover each body part a second time during the week, but with less intensity.

My cardio would be 3-4 times per week using Cathe's step, interval, & kickbox workouts and also biking & walking (just got a brand new bike!).

Sorry this is so long-winded. :) I really want to do this I just wanted to be sure it would be safe & effective.

Please say hi to Cathe. I know she's busy. If anyone wants to respond to my post that would be great. :)

See you on the Road Trip! :7 :7 :7

Hi Marla,
I like the way you've put this together, no boredom here!
I just wanted to add that Cathe's June 2005 Rotation is put together somewhat like this. Each week we've done a different w/o for bodyparts. First week was Gymstyles, then Slow and Heavy, then CTX's, and this week is more of a fat burning week with overall body workouts, cardio, and circuit workouts rather than splitting up the body parts. If you haven't looked at it already you might want to (it's been A LOT of fun:D ). But since Cathe set up the rotation this way I don't see any reason why not to do the same.
Mattea

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.