Cathe,question on Shocking my Body ?

punka274

Cathlete
Hello Cathe
(*Kneels at feet ;-)*)

Im currently taking a rest from working out! Its a short rest,about 5 days. I was wondering if it would make a difference in how my muscles respond to workouts? Is it effective?

And Thank You for helping me stay motivated with all your wonderful workouts! Your the best!

Take Care!

Hello Cathe
(*Kneels at feet ;-)*)

Im currently taking a rest from working out! Its a short rest,about 5 days. I was wondering if it would make a difference in how my muscles respond to workouts? Is it effective?

And Thank You for helping me stay motivated with all your wonderful workouts! Your the best!

Take Care!

Hi,

I'm obviously not Cathe, but for me, a shock to my body is changing up my workouts to something very different from what I have been doing.

Taking a few days off is more of a recovery period, but I've also used that as a shock too. For me, usually a recovery week allows the little aches/pains/ etc. to heal up and I do come back stronger than before. For me, during a recovery week, the muscles loose the water that they have been retaining when worked hard, and I get a true sense of exactly what I look like.

Tracy

hey Tracey

After that four days of not working out,I did lose two pounds! I was planning on taking the whole week off but i counldn't bring myself to do it,LOL!

You know the shock doesn't have to be no working out totally. Next time, you could put in some yoga and something very light that is completely different. It helps take the mental edge off and still provides great benefits.

Tracy

Hi Amelia! I'm a little confused by your question. Are you asking if resting will make a difference in how your muscles respond to exercise or if shocking your body will make a difference in how your body responds? Actually both will make a positive difference. Shocking your body (ie: changing your specific workouts to provide different stimulus to the muscles) is great to keep your muscles guessing, firing, and responding...all good stuff. Resting is also good since it gives your body time to recover, repair, and respond to the hard training you have been doing. If you keep going 7 days a week and never recover, your body will eventually breakdown from overuse.

Hope this helps!

Cathe,
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question! Im sorry it was confusing(I often confuse myself,LOL). And Yes,your answer does help!

Take Care!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.