Cathe, Q about cellulite

LauraMax

Cathlete
I posted in OD also, but I'd really love to get your thoughts:

While I'm trying very hard to accept my extra 10 lbs, I don't think I'll ever be able to accept the cottage cheese that's multiplying on my rear end. Most definitely genetics--I look at myself & see a smaller version of my mom. I need to stop this freight train before it gets any worse.

Now, as I understand it, cellulite is fat pockets under the skin, which is what causes that dimpling appearance. While I've been dieting forever, the dieting seems to be only preventing weight gain--I seem utterly incapable of losing weight at this point in my life.

So I guess the Q is, is the only way to get rid of cellulite weight loss? I'm considering adding a 2nd leg w/o to my routine, something like B&G. Other than that, I have no idea how to combat this disgusting phenomenon. :confused:

Hi Laura,

Have you tried rebounding? When FitPrime came out with G-Force I got on the rebounding band wagon and that was the only time in my life that I didn't have the dimples on my butt and hamstrings. I did a health bounce for 15 minutes after every regular workout. I think it has something to do with getting the lymphatic system energized or something like that. Not a scientist here but I know it worked great for me.

~Reece~

in the usa

its called a trampoline. You can get a personal size one. There is some scientific support for the use of bouncing. I read about it in a journal, but for the life of me I can't remember which one.

Not Cathe, but from my own experience - I have less cellulite then ever before in my life, now. Genetics would pre-dispose me to heavier thighs...but not now. "Secret?" Cleaner eating, focused exercise with a strong focus on lifting weights snd water, water,water.

Before, inmy 20's and 30's I've done tons exercise (use to teach aerobics and date Mr. S.C, bodybulindg champ - I share that only to demonstrate that I was around "fitness people" and influence) with spotty results. Not heavy, but not lean and with cellulite.

Now, 43, will be 44 this month. Leanest I ever been...from a focused combination for clean eating 80-90% of the time, 5-6 days working out with focus on weight lifting and water,water,water...AND not cellulite. Hallejuyah!!!

Two biggest breakthroughs for me were:
1) 90% of all fit, non-cellulite people focus on eating well and working out - very few people just look fit by genetics alone, they ALL work at it.
2) Take in less calories then i burn. Period.

Oh and I have to add a 3rd: If I eat clean (80-90% of the time), I feel soooo much better and I WANT to work out...eat sh***ty and working out, not so much of an interest...

They all work together - a wonderful, "vicious: cycle!
You can do it...keep asking and playing around with it until you find the right combo for you... You CAN do it... Suzie:)

Cellulite

I posted in OD also, but I'd really love to get your thoughts:

While I'm trying very hard to accept my extra 10 lbs, I don't think I'll ever be able to accept the cottage cheese that's multiplying on my rear end. Most definitely genetics--I look at myself & see a smaller version of my mom. I need to stop this freight train before it gets any worse.

Now, as I understand it, cellulite is fat pockets under the skin, which is what causes that dimpling appearance. While I've been dieting forever, the dieting seems to be only preventing weight gain--I seem utterly incapable of losing weight at this point in my life.

So I guess the Q is, is the only way to get rid of cellulite weight loss? I'm considering adding a 2nd leg w/o to my routine, something like B&G. Other than that, I have no idea how to combat this disgusting phenomenon. :confused:

Hi LauraMax!

It is definitely frustrating dealing with cellulite. Especially when we work so hard at being healthy and fit. Unfortunately, as you have already acknowleged, some people are just more genetically predisosed to carrying cellulite than others. But the good news is that there are things that can be done to help keep this condition minimized even if it will not go away completely.

Cellulite is aggravated by poor blood circulation, fat storage, and fluid retention, so make sure you eat a very healthy and clean diet, drink a lot of water, and workout religiously to keep things under control..... (and who knows, perhaps maybe even rid things for good). I know you mention that you have dieted faithfully (that's great :) ) but also be sure that you stay steady with your controlled intake....hopefully you are. I emphasize that to make sure that you don't fall prey to yo-yo dieting which promotes fat storage by enlarging exisiting fat cells and can even encourage the production of more fat cells.

Another fat storage promoter is the abundance of ongoing stress in ones life. Too much stress produces a surge of adrenaline which causes a release of hormones that are linked to fat storage.

Also, I have no idea if you smoke or not (hopefully not) but smoking reduces good blood circulation. I know some people who won't quit smoking because they say it helps them lose weight but nicotine can inhibit good blood circulation which in turn can stimulate fat storage.

As far as adding another leg routine to your workout. I say, if your not overtraining by adding this on, give it a shot and see if this gives your circulation an extra boost.

Good Luck and keep me informed Laura!

(hrcfitness) ok what is this thing your talking about and where do you get it or do it...i'm very confused!

You can check out this website for the Rebounder. You can also buy one at a sporting goods store (may or may not be quite as good of quality as Reboundair). At least this website should have some articles, etc. for you ;)

http://www.reboundair.com/

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.