cathe- premixes

Just want to add my plug in again for a low impact, high intensity, knee friendly leg workout with no squats,lunges or leg presses. My request is for a stand alone premix, not an "add on" length. I have many short knee-friendly add-ons but I havent found a stand alone workout yet on the market!

Thanks for listening!

I find myself doing premixes more than the regular workouts because I love working out with Cathe, yet I'm not advanced either, so doing a particular premix usually suits me just well and I feel I have something to work towards!

Kim

I love the premixes and I think they are one of the things that set Cathe's DVDs apart from the rest. I do understand that there have been layering issues, and dealing with returns is costly, but please consider having some premixes. They add variety and time choices for me.
Thanks for asking for our opinion!

Lili

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put Premixes on all the DVD's. We don't need a bunch... just a couple, well rounded, shorter/longer, body part specific workouts. I love them!

Another vote for premixes here. I use them when I'm short on time or want variety in my program. It's also a great motivator for those days when I'm low on energy because I'll opt for the shorter premix instead of the entire workout.

Hi Cathe, I also love the premix idea, they are definately one of the selling points for me- when I recommend your workouts to friends its one of the things that gets them interested. You can buy a one workout DVD by anyone (wouldn't be as great as yours of course) but yours offer us unlimited options when the Blender and Premixes are added.I think a few have suggested on another thread about putting the three strength workouts on one DVD with few or no premixes on it- that's a great idea. Thanks sooo much for the great workouts. Maybe a vote is the best way to go, with the premixes and more then one workout on a DVD. You got us addicted to these extra features please don't take them away. Thanks for listening to our input- I hope we aren't giving you a headache. Sue

I, for one, would be willing to pay for a separate "TimeSaver" DVD with shorter premix workouts from the series on one DVD just like the TimeSaver Workouts from the Body Blasts.

I'd at least like a couple of premixes. I use the Imax "1st 5" and "last 5" premixes quite a lot. Sure I could use my remote and stop after 5, but I love how it goes to the stretch right for me. I also use the premixes in lifting for days when I'm time pressed and looking for a shorter version.

My dvds do freeze but so do all the movies I watch when the layers change. I never found it to be a big deal.

Lisa

I vote for premixes as well! It is one of the many ways that Cathe DVD's stand out from the crowd as customer oriented!

~kandy~[/img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif[/img]

I would also love to have (a few) premixes, and especially love those that are long enough to stand alone as complete workouts. They really add value to the DVDs, IMO.
-Kate

I agree that premixes do add value to the DVD, but unfortunately most consumers don’t see it that way. It costs about 10 to 30 times more money to make a Body Blast DVD than your typical DVD you see on the market. Most consumers look at our DVDs and think they’re expensive because they do not equate the value of having multiple titles and premixes on the same disc. They just look at the total price. If consumers considered the premixes to be of value they would realize that that the DVDs are amazingly cheap since each workout cost less than $2.
When we started adding advanced features to our DVDs we hoped that it would lead to all kinds of feedback about how much better our DVDs are when compared to other fitness DVDs. But what we’ve learned is that too much technology on a fitness DVD only confuses some people and frustrates others. Only a very small percentage of people will have a problem playing one of our DVDs with advanced features, but these will be the people that will be the ones posting on the various fitness forums. You will almost never hear from the people that don’t have a problem and are happy with their DVDs. It is a simple business decision for us to make when it comes to not adding advanced features on a DVD:

#1. Fewer hedaches, since there will be fewer customer service issues. Some customers will still have issues as there can be many reasons a disc will not play properly, but the number will be drastically reduced.

#2. We can save a bundle on our production cost since premixes are our major expense when producing DVDs

#3 It will take us less time to make a DVD and thus we can get you your DVDs more quickly. We can author a DVD like most DVDs that are sold today in less than one day. A DVD like Body Blast takes 2 weeks per DVD to author.

#4 Less negative publicity. Nobody gets “knocked” for not having premixes or workout blenders. It is only a problem if you offer premixes/blenders and a consumer has problems. There is no way to make these advanced features work on all players. Though they will work fine in 97% of the players, there will still be some problems for some people.

That said, we really will not make up our mind on this for sometime, so we will at least keep an open mind. I’m also going to have some conversations with NFL Films later this summer on this. Without a doubt, NFL Films, has the best facilities, studios and technicians in the world, so they may have a solution to this problem that I am not aware of.

I can certainly understand the reluctance to not overload the DVD's with feature and such.

But, perhaps if you went in the middle ground, somewhere along the Intensity Series - you can still offer some premixes, but eliminate the BodyBlast style features. It seems from what I have read, that the majority of people have experiences issues with the Body Blast series -- this may not be fact.

Another option would be doing Parts style workouts and sell them separately, ala the Firm. You can just put the different parts of several workouts together and sell it fresh as a 'new' workout. Basically a premix, sold separately.

I didn't think the blender option on the BodyBlast Series was utilized by most of us. Premixes are invaluable, and I definitely appreciate all the chaptering points available to go directly to the exercise wanted.

The Intensity Series offered much fewer premixes, and I don't recall problems with them. I'm hoping SNM delivers DVDs simular to the Intensities - just with one workout per DVD. I have HSTA and that has a few premixes (haven't had time to utilize them yet), and I haven't heard technical problems related to them. It would be nice to have upper body seperated from lower body, or cardio seperated from weights, etc.

So, to clarify: Blender option isn't needed, but PLEASE keep the premixes!

Diane

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.