Cathe, please help my father...

Janick

Cathlete
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-03 AT 02:18PM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-03 AT 02:11 PM (Est)[/font]

My dad who is 61 years old, was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis last year, affecting mostly knee and shoulder joints. After having knee surgery in July 2002 to remove his synovial lining and injection of "artificial" cartilage, he was put on actitivy rest for a few months.

Now, his doctor wants him to do weight training to help him regain some of the muscle mass he lost in the process. He doesn't want to join a gym and doesn't want to hire a personal trainer for home. I showed him various video weight training workouts (from other instructors), and he liked your personality the best, and is willing to give you a shot. He's not interested in cardio or step, only weights (his cardio will consist of recumbent bike or power walking). What would you recommend as a starting point for him? He is not overweight, but is relatively sedentary and besides his arthritis, doesn't have any other health problems.

He came to ME for advice, since he thinks I'm a genius in this field (which I am not!!). I just need some advice!!! I'll let you take the credit!!! ;-)

Janick http://www.clicksmilies.com/sammlung/sport/sport003.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.