Cathe, Is it okay to workout twice a day

kelley111

Cathlete
I have a very sedentary job as an at home medical transcriptionist. When I worked in the clinic as a transcriptionist I never had any trouble with my weight because I was moving around (getting ready for work, tending to kids, running errands during lunch, etc), but since I started working at home about 5 years ago, my weight has crept up and I have a lot more body fat. Since my job is so sedentary, would it be okay to exercise twice a day with cardio or weights in the morning and the other in the late afternoon or would I be asking for trouble if I do this?

I think it's a great way to change things up a little. You'll be getting more of a calorie boost by splitting them up like that. I just began doing this and I've seen positive results.

-Chiquita

I've done this and it was very effective. I alternated cardio & weights -- one in the a.m., one in the p.m.

Just be sure to listen to your body so you don't over do.

Marla

Thanks for the advice ladies. I'm going to start doing this on Sunday and will listen to my body. I used to teach aerobics back in my 20s (I'm in my 40s now) and I loved the way I looked. I know part of it was because I was younger, but I really think it was also because in addition to teaching my classes, I also worked out at home learning routines, etc. I think I need the extra workout daily to get rid of this fat layer that I'm carrying around.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.