Cathe, need adivce on new tapes

MsFitQuest

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Sep-11-00 AT 05:25PM (EST)</font></center>

Hi! I would like to do 2 body parts per day (or do the new tapes PS style) and do all my body parts twice a week. I need more than maintenance to burn off the fat so by sticking to 2x per body part a week but doing the cardio for 5-6 days a week and throwing on the Kickbox tape one of those days, will this be enough to burn fat and slim down? Or do I need to use MIS for that? Also, what results will this give me? More tone, muscle building? Or, how about going through all of them once, and then doing Circuit Max? I want something to stick with for 6-8 weeks. Thanks in advance. :eek:)
Nancy

I am very interested!

My question from last week is very similar, so I am very interested as to the suggestions Cathe could give us.
happy.gif

I'm also interested in this one.

I'd like to hear about this one myself.

Alli
happy.gif

Aimee

I think we got buried under last week so I thought I'd ask again. I hope this time Cathe will get a chance to see the post answer because I'd really love to find out the results we can achieve doing it twice on the weights. Nancy

Be back later...

I have to go teach Body Pump now and will be back later tonight. I will try to get to your question then. Don't worry though, I will get to it!
happy.gif
!

Thanks Cathe!!!! :eek:)

I'm jumping for joy now. Thanks soo much and I can't wait to hear back from you. I'll just keep at it if the question gets snowed in! ;o)

Bodyfat,

This really isn't a question, I just need to vent. I'm short, but my bodyfat is in an acceptable range. So why do I look like I have more fat than I supposedly do? According to my bodyfat scale I'm at 20% but I'm telling you, it sure doesn't look it! So now I'm wondering if maybe I shouldn't try to get down to maybe 17-18% and see if that helps. I'm not overweight, even though I have gained a few pounds. I only want to lose 5lbs(hoping that that will be the 2-3% of bodyfat I'm talking about losing), but this is the TOUGHEST 5lbs I have ever seen
sad.gif
! Hopefully Cathe will say that doing these tapes twice a day WILL build muscle and burn fat. I don't want to maintain, I want to improve!! Whew! I feel better now, thanks for letting me vent. My husband just doesn't understand this one at all!

Hi Nancy!

I'm back
happy.gif
!

After reading your post I just realized that the only way to help you with a new and effective rotation is to know what your current rotation is and how long you have been on it. Also, what are your goals for weight training? Do you only want to train to assist in fat loss or would you like see other changes from your weight training as well? What would those changes be?

Ok, I'll wait to hear from you.

But to answer your first question....yes, doing cardio 5 to 6 times per week with a kickbox or circuit max thrown in PLUS doing each weight section two times per week, is certainly plenty to assist in fat loss and slimming down. But before doing this much, lets first see what you are doing now. Instead of doing all of this you may just need to change a few things around. Bye for now....

Hi Cathe!!

Thanks for getting back to me. I've been slack since last month, but I was working out 5 days per week(I'm intermediate) trying to make 6 days my goal. I've been exercising for several years, lost only to gain it all back later.(poor eating and stopping and starting with working out). I was doing quite a variety and not sticking to anything. Cardio (kickboxing, step, floor cardio) was from 3-4 days a week ranging from half an hour to an hour depending on how I felt. I was also doing a split of upper and lower body hitting both twice a week. These were tapes like MIS (upper body), Firms, Joyce Vedral, etc. I am overweight by about 40-50 pounds but the dangerous part of this is I carry a LOT of noticable fat in my lower tummy. I am looking to first of all lose fat which I know will require some form of weight training, but which tapes and how much? I have all of your strength tapes, but don't know which fit the bill for my situation. Right now if possible, I'd really like to use the Xpress tapes to meet my goals. (but I'll take what you give me since you're the teacher!) Can this be done or is what I listed in my previous e-mail too much for that? I would like to lose fat and tone up. I know eating plays a big part and that's why I had to really change my eating habits about 3-4 weeks ago and it really feels different. Now to get my workouts in order!! Was I long winded or what?? And to think I tried to keep this short! ;o) Thanks a bunch Cathe!
Nancy

You too?

Nancy, I also carry alot of fat in my lower stomach also(aggervating isn't it?). I also notice it on my upper thighs and upper arms and back. I vented last night so I'm (hopefully) going to be brief. I want to build muscle and get lots of definition and cut and lose this fat. What are you doing with your eating? I do good until the evening, but then my husband comes home from work with Dairy Queen, or doughnuts and well... I just can't resist
sad.gif
! How do you overcome these obstacles? You'd think doing two tapes per day(cardio both times and weight both times) that the fat would come right off. But noooo... can't do that! Ok, sorry, here I go again. I'm going to shut up and see what Cathe posts with!

Me Three!

Hey, Were we tripletes seperated at birth?
wink.gif
te he he
I love these new tapes and Am "In Love" with the weight sections!
Maria

This sounds sooo much like me!

I can't believe how much this post sounds like me. Scary.

At least you know you're not alone on this. I have had a hard time sticking to anything until lately. I've been doing really well doing Cathe's new tapes but, the sad thing is my fitness level just isn't up there like it used to be. That gets so frustrating. Now, if I could just get my eating under control.

Looking forward to Cathe's response. BTW, thanks for bringing this up!!

Alli
happy.gif

Aimee

I don't have any advice for you but, I wanted to let you know that I do understand how you feel. It gets so frustrating when you work and try so hard, doesn't it???

Big hugs sent your way!!

Alli
happy.gif

Yup, me too :eek:(

Aimee it is a tough battle. i had to just get tough with myself. I would always have coffee and cake or some sort of junk. One day they didn't have the cake at the store so I just had the coffee and a sandwich. Next thing i know I'm in the kitchen cooking and used some chopped green pepper and didn't need any more so I ate it. At first I wasn't much into it but then slowly I decided to say no to the junk have have the peppers to snack on with whatever I ate. I wish there were a trick to it but i found that after a few days of saying "no" I didn't crqve the junk any more even when it was in front of me. Are there any healthy veggies or fruits or something you can have handy? I know how good those treats can be until they make their way to your pooch! I know to jsut say no isn't much help but that's what I had to do. Now to just get the rotation together!

I agree!!

I can't wait to hear what Cathe has to say. It's so hard to say no, ya'know? I went to work today and guess what was waiting for me from my co workers? A chocolate danish and a brownie and a chocolate covered doughnut!! I said "no" to the doughnut after I had the danish and brownie. Does that count
wink.gif
? HA! HA! Anyway, I going to get tough. I've taken my measurements and my weight and I log in to a food diary every night. I WILL win the battle of the bulge!!!!

Ditto!!

I have to jump in here too. I have about 15 pounds to lose. The one good thing is I have been working out six days a week for about four months, and I am seeing great changes in my body thanks to Cathe and her tapes. I have been trying to eat clean-whole grains, low fat protein, and veggies (BFL eating plan). It just gets so hard to stick with it sometimes. Coming to this site really helps because I have cyber friend who can relate to my problems.

I just keep looking at Cathe and her crew for inspiration, they look great. We just can not give up!
happy.gif

Terri

We will win!

You're soo funny! Hee, hee. I think for everyone there will just be a point when they will stop the junk food (except occasionally of course! :eek:)) We all know what to do but it really is hard. I think the mind of each one just has to be made up one day and just get tired of it. I know I am tired of starting over and over. This time I'm doing well on the eating. The only problem I've had in the past is if I've had a "cheat meal" it would turn into a cheat week and on and on!! I'd feel depressed about it but still not do anything. I think we all have that inner voice that we will all listen to one day and get it right. The best thing is we have the support of each other and it helps a lot. I'm sure you, me and others will beat this battle of the bulge!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.