Cathe, just curious...

Lex411

Cathlete
Do you have a background in gymnastics? It seems like you have that kind of build, in terms of leg muscles and just by the sheer height you get with vertical leaps. And I also noticed in some closeups on the tapes that you have little scars on your knees and I was wondering if you'd had knee surgery? If so, I have to say it's wonderful and inspirational to see someone who's had that kind of surgery still able to do plyometric work and power stepping. You make the height look so easy when it's really not, so you must have the leg strength of a thoroughbred horse!

One last "Q"...do you also do personal training or just the classes?

Thanks again for your amazing tapes. I just finished MIS after having taken it out of my rotation for a month and it kicked my butt!

Take care!
Lex

Hi Lex! Yes, I was a gymnast for 9 years. Watching the olympics now also brings back the memories of the days when my legs were much more muscular(and bruised;-)!) The scars on my knee are from my knee reconstruction surgery about 7 years ago due to a skiing accident. Funny that you should use the term thoroughbread, since this is the nickname that one of my closest friends refers to me as :).

Currently I just do classes. I did personal training years ago, but with the baby, website, and video business, I no longer have the time or flexible schedule that this line of work demands.

Nice to hear from you and keep "kickin butt"!!!

Aha! I knew it! Watching you do those crazy leaps at the end of Interval Max I thought "this chick's got springs in her shoes or helium in her feet!" Something about a gymnast, you can always tell by the shape and the way you guys move. That's one thing I'll have my kids do, at least for a while, for fun and exercise.

So thoroughbred it is, then! I only have pony legs myself right now, I'm hoping to look like a Philly myself one day, hopefully not a Clydesdale! But thanks for responding and sharing the info, after staring at you onscreen day after day, you just get curious.

All my best to you and your family,
Lex

Aha! I knew it! Watching you do those crazy leaps at the end of Interval Max I thought "this chick's got springs in her shoes or helium in her feet!" Something about a gymnast, you can always tell by the shape and the way you guys move. That's one thing I'll have my kids do, at least for a while, for fun and exercise.

So thoroughbred it is, then! I only have pony legs myself right now, I'm hoping to look like a Philly myself one day, hopefully not a Clydesdale! But thanks for responding and sharing the info, after staring at you onscreen day after day, you just get curious.

I've been loving the Olympics, I can't think of anything more inspirational to watch before a workout, especially the gymnastics. Too bad they've had so many problems (the vault, the stripping of the gold all-around) that take the focus off the incredible athletes. Anyway!

All my best to you and your family,
Lex

Hi Everybody! Hi Cathe! I think it is neat that you were a gynast, too! I do gym 2 days a week and you know I have to do it in my living room everyday! Somedays I just think I am getting to old to do it ( I am only 18 ) but I gave ben watching the Olypics and some of them are 20 something. So I guess it is all I my head. Well ya have a Great Day and a Blessed one, too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.