CATHE: IMAX 1 & 2 RECOMMENDATIONS...

Bernard

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

I have just ordered the new workouts Imax 2 and Cardio and Weights, and I am wondering how to incorporate both Imax 1 and Imax 2 in a workout week ? Would it be wise to do just one Imax workout per week, and alternate the two tapes, week by week ? Or, do both in one week :)-wow and :eek: ! EEK !)

BTW, Cathe, I can't wait to shake my butt to the Pina Colada song, thankyou so much for putting that in there !!!!! :7 :7 :7

And, I would also really like you to know that Cardio Kicks, has been melting my yukky, saddlebag gloop, you know the kind that sticks to your outer thigh and hip ! Well, I never thought I would see the day when it would be finally, helped into saddlebag oblivion !!!!! :7

Many thanks, Cathe, I am so honoured to be amongst the few UK-ers who have discovered you :7 :D :7 :D !

Anna

First, the ubiquitous declaimer: I am not Cathe, but, I would say that the IMAX videos should be used once a week, and no more than twice a week. You might even find that once a week is too much for you. Depending on what you're doing now (are you already using IMAX once a week? NOt at all?), you could start with a once-a-week IMAX rotation (Imax1 one week, Imax3 the following week). Then you could move into doing an Imax tape three times in two weeks, then twice a week. Be sure to vary the intensity of your workouts during the week.

Just a suggestion.

Another the ubiquitous declaimer: I am not Cathe, but as I understand it, interval training should not be done on consecutive days. Interval training is usually hard on your joints (to get your heartrate in anerobic zone); therefore you should do give plenty of time for your body to recover.

When I started interval training I used to do IMax I and Intense Moves weekly. After conquering IMax, Intense Moves is just another aerobic step (non-interval anymore) so I have been doing IMax 1x a week. Whenever I get my IMax II (on DVD, yeah!), I am planning to do it IMax I and II in the same week. IMax I tend to be floor anerobic compared to IMax II which is step anerobic -- so there is a slight variation.

So, in summary, if your body is up to it, you can do both in the same week given your body has fully recovered. If you want to do interval training 1x a week, alternating them is a good rotation since one is floor anerobic and the other is step anerobic... unless you prefer one over the other (i.e the music!). Just do what you enjoy and able to!

Haslina

Hey thanks Haslina for that - I never thought of the two Imax workouts varying like that, makes you wonder what Imax 3 will be like, maybe flying through the air ?????????!! :7

Anna :)

Anna:

bear in mind also that for a well-rounded fitness program, you may only want to include Imax once per week. After all, you will want to include also a Kickbox workout, a circuit workout, an extended step cardio and perhaps a couple of the shorter cardio sessions from the CTX series, so that you are not overdoing the same type of workout and therefore either getting bored, burning out or upping your risk of injury.

There are so many fab workouts that Cathe has produced now and in my efforts to cross train, I never do Imax more than once per week.

Just an idea to bear in mind and ultimately you decide: if it's gone 8pm and you've struggled to put the kids to bed then tidy up after them, give yourself the leeway to do Rythmic step over Imax 1 or 2, just for your own peace of mind and stress reduction.

Clare

Hi Anna! Enjoy your new workouts! There are no set rules as to how to use IMAX 1 and IMAX 2 other than to know that you should really only do any high intensity interval workout one to two times per week max (non-consecutively). With that in mind, if you are feeling especially energetic one week, you could do Imax 1 and 2 in the same week. If you are not feeling as energetic one week, then just do one interval workout. And if at any point you are feeling that your body is getting too acclimated to either of the tapes, then you can mix and match them (ie: 5 intervals from IMAX 1 and 5 intervals from IMAX 2).

Great news about Cardio Kicks. Keep up the awesome work:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.