Cathe I need your help!

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi Cathe!

My mom's DH passed away Monday! My mom is not doing to well!
My DH and I will fly to Nuernberg Germamy on May 30- June 13.
My question is what workout can I do without a step or weights? Besides walking! My mother lives in a small Appartment, so I can't do a lot of jumping around! I will finish my May rotation!
The RT is in 84 days! I am stessing! To make things even harder on me mom is a Chef! I will take Core Max and Streach Max with me. I really hate not doing a rotation. I am so used working out every day!
I need a suitcase workout!!

Belinda

Hi Cathe!

My mom's DH passed away Monday! My mom is not doing to well!
My DH and I will fly to Nuernberg Germamy on May 30- June 13.
My question is what workout can I do without a step or weights? Besides walking! My mother lives in a small Appartment, so I can't do a lot of jumping around! I will finish my May rotation!
The RT is in 84 days! I am stessing! To make things even harder on me mom is a Chef! I will take Core Max and Streach Max with me. I really hate not doing a rotation. I am so used working out every day!
I need a suitcase workout!!

Belinda

Hi Belinda. I am so sorry to hear about your Mom's DH! Wishing you a safe trip...your mom is so fortunate that you are coming to help her. Here is a routine Cathe posted some years back that might be a nice workout for you to try. I used it without dumbbells and it still got me good for no equipment. Also, be sure to take your Dynaband. They work great for muscle work and are very easy to pack. Here is the workout...Thinking of you & your family at this sad time:

25 minutes a morning is all you need to maintain enough so that when you come back you will not feel out of the loop. Bring one set of moderate pound dumbbells (5 or 8 pounds)Here is a sample two week vacation workout:

Monday/Wednesday/Friday

a) Warm Up:
5 minute brisk walk

b) Legs:
Leg Blast:
30 seconds non-weighted squats
30 seconds plyo jacks
30 seconds squats/ with dumbbells in hands
30 seconds front kicks (no dumbells)
30 seconds side kicks (no dumbbells)

Forward lunges (with dumbbells)....3 sets 15 reps (Rt leg 15 / Left leg 15 then do the next set).

Back lunges (with dumbbells).....Same reps/sets as forward lunges.

c) Torso/Arms
Chest: 3 sets of 10 push ups...On last rep of last set hold push up 1/2 way down for 20 seconds.

Back: One arm dumbbell rows (put both weights in one hand) do 3 sets of 15 reps per arm.

Biceps: Concentration curls (put both weights in one arm)do 3 sets of 15 reps.

Triceps: ALTERNATE one set of dips (15 reps) with one set of double arm kickbacks (do as many as you can with that weight and good form). Do three alternating sets.

Shoulders: Seated bent arm side lateral raises (10 reps) right into rear delt flys (as many as you can with that weight and good form). Do three alternating sets.

Abs: traditional crunches for 3 minutes and then flip over and hold a one minute plank

Stretch

Tues/Thursday/Saturday

A 25 minute walk/run (this includes 5 minute brisk walk warm up and three minute stretch)

Hope this helps Belinda. I look forward to seeing you on the RT!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

Hi Belinda. I am so sorry to hear about your Mom's DH! Wishing you a safe trip...your mom is so fortunate that you are coming to help her. Here is a routine Cathe posted some years back that might be a nice workout for you to try. I used it without dumbbells and it still got me good for no equipment. Also, be sure to take your Dynaband. They work great for muscle work and are very easy to pack. Here is the workout...Thinking of you & your family at this sad time:

25 minutes a morning is all you need to maintain enough so that when you come back you will not feel out of the loop. Bring one set of moderate pound dumbbells (5 or 8 pounds)Here is a sample two week vacation workout:

Monday/Wednesday/Friday

a) Warm Up:
5 minute brisk walk

b) Legs:
Leg Blast:
30 seconds non-weighted squats
30 seconds plyo jacks
30 seconds squats/ with dumbbells in hands
30 seconds front kicks (no dumbells)
30 seconds side kicks (no dumbbells)

Forward lunges (with dumbbells)....3 sets 15 reps (Rt leg 15 / Left leg 15 then do the next set).

Back lunges (with dumbbells).....Same reps/sets as forward lunges.

c) Torso/Arms
Chest: 3 sets of 10 push ups...On last rep of last set hold push up 1/2 way down for 20 seconds.

Back: One arm dumbbell rows (put both weights in one hand) do 3 sets of 15 reps per arm.

Biceps: Concentration curls (put both weights in one arm)do 3 sets of 15 reps.

Triceps: ALTERNATE one set of dips (15 reps) with one set of double arm kickbacks (do as many as you can with that weight and good form). Do three alternating sets.

Shoulders: Seated bent arm side lateral raises (10 reps) right into rear delt flys (as many as you can with that weight and good form). Do three alternating sets.

Abs: traditional crunches for 3 minutes and then flip over and hold a one minute plank

Stretch

Tues/Thursday/Saturday

A 25 minute walk/run (this includes 5 minute brisk walk warm up and three minute stretch)

Hope this helps Belinda. I look forward to seeing you on the RT!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

Also...

I used my Dynaband where I could instead of using dunmbbells. Good Luck!

Also...

I used my Dynaband where I could instead of using dunmbbells. Good Luck!

Hi Debbie! Thank you so much! I am so lost without Cathe's rotations.This looks awesome! I really appreciate it. You are a blessing! I will use my Dynaband or tubing!

I look forward to seeing you on the RT!

Thanks again!
Belinda

Hi Debbie! Thank you so much! I am so lost without Cathe's rotations.This looks awesome! I really appreciate it. You are a blessing! I will use my Dynaband or tubing!

I look forward to seeing you on the RT!

Thanks again!
Belinda

I'm so sorry to hear this Belinda! Please extend my condolences to your mother. I will say a prayer for all of you. The workout Debbie found will be helpful to keep the blood pumping for maintenance (wow, thanks again Debbie:) )

Also, try some hiking if the opportunity presents itself. Basically a flight of steps 10 times up and down, some jacks, some squats, some lunges, some sit ups, dips, and push ups do the trick. It keeps the metabolism rev'd. Drink water too.

My thoughts are with you and your family. Have a safe trip Belinda.

I'm so sorry to hear this Belinda! Please extend my condolences to your mother. I will say a prayer for all of you. The workout Debbie found will be helpful to keep the blood pumping for maintenance (wow, thanks again Debbie:) )

Also, try some hiking if the opportunity presents itself. Basically a flight of steps 10 times up and down, some jacks, some squats, some lunges, some sit ups, dips, and push ups do the trick. It keeps the metabolism rev'd. Drink water too.

My thoughts are with you and your family. Have a safe trip Belinda.

Thank you Cathe! I really like the workout that Debbie found! This is perfect! I don't need to pack alot of stuff! Squts and lunges I don't need a lot of space! I know I will do some hiking! Water is all I drink! Thanks you so much for all the help!
I really appreciate Debbie and you taking the time to do this for me!

Can't wait to meet you!

Take care
Belinda

Thank you Cathe! I really like the workout that Debbie found! This is perfect! I don't need to pack alot of stuff! Squts and lunges I don't need a lot of space! I know I will do some hiking! Water is all I drink! Thanks you so much for all the help!
I really appreciate Debbie and you taking the time to do this for me!

Can't wait to meet you!

Take care
Belinda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.