Cathe -- How soon post-partum?

LovingLife

Cathlete
Cathe -- I'll be 4 weeks post-partum in a few days (trying to nurse my baby while typing - - a bit tricky w/o a blanket!) But I was just wondering what your post-partum schedule was -- how soon you started your workouts and at what momentum. My OB has told me in the past (this is my 6th baby) to listen to my body, start out slow, etc. and I know that 6 weeks is the general point to get going again. But I've also experienced (and have read others' experiences) that you can do some exercises prior to that time to ready your body to get moving again.

So for the last 2 weeks, I've been doing a short (20-30 min.) yoga video most days, which feels just great. And I was thinking for the next 2 weeks of adding some light, low impact cardio and maybe light strenght work (squats and lunges w/o weights for example). This made me curious as to what you've done after your two babies. Did you build up slowly prior to your 6 week time or did you wait until then to start anything at all?

Thanks for any info you have time to give! -- Renee

P.S. (I'm so excited to get your new DVDs just in time for losing this pregnancy weight!)

Never mind Cathe -- I just clicked the link on the new Intensity series and saw the section about what you did after baby #2 -- Off to read it now! (but if you do want to add anything here, I wouldn't be the least disappointed :)). -- Renee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.