beginner rotation. goal: 65lbs to lose. rate: 1.5- 2lbs/week

M: off
T: 40 min. brisk walk
W: Cathe video
R: off
F: 40 min. brisk walk
S: 40 min. brisk walk
Su: MIS

The reason I am a beginner is because I haven't worked out in a year. I have all your videos, except the ones older than MIC. What is your suggestion for the cathe video I should use to start ( I will definitely modify ). How long should I stay on this rotation, before I add another video. I don't want to push myself to fast, so I can avoid injury. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Warm wishes for the holidays,
Nikki

Hi Nikki! Sorry that I have not had the chance to work on your original question. I have only had small spurts of time each day and your original post was one that would take a little longer than that. Anyway, this post gives me a starting point so lets work with this :)!

I think that your goal of 1.5 to 2 pounds per week is perfect and your thoughts of not wanting to do too much too soon are also right on the money.

As far as which of my videos to do for your cardio days, this is a tough answer since the earlier ones are the ones I would be more comfortable recommending to a beginner. The ones that you have are rather advanced and I also do not break the moves down very long so they would be harder to modify. I would rather see you start with either Mega Step Blast, Part one of Step Heat, the cardio portion of the Wedding Video, or Step Jam.

The rotation you posted looks very good. I would do this rotation for three weeks and include any one of the videos that I mention above on your "Cathe Video" day.

After three weeks, I would change your Cathe Video selection and also convert one of your brisk walk days to a walk/light run day. Your light run can be a slow jog, nothing aggessive.

After three weeks of this I would make your Cathe Video selection Cardio Kicks, and change MIS to Power Hour, and get more aggressive with your walk/light run workout (ex. spend 20 of your 40 minutes in a light run).

Now you are 9 weeks into these rotations and your body is acclimated to working out. At this point you can start picking and choosing your workouts based on what your body responds well to. You can do anything from 4 to 6 cardio workouts per week (be sure to use a wide variety of cardio activities over time and modify each of them as needed). You can strength train each major muscle in your body one to two times per week with a variety of lifting methods (selecting one method at a time for at least a three week period and always lifting with good form and technique).

The final piece of the puzzle is a good sound diet. Clean, nutritious, and balanced.

Good Luck!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

I realized after rereading my first post that it was a bit time consuming, that's when I decided that it would be probably easier for you if I put something together. I realize you are busy and probably getting a bit tired now that you are pregnant.
I really appreciate your post and your time. I am excited about trying to make this thing a habit.

Thanks again,
Nikki

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.