Cathe - Do you take supplements?

nicolegadino

Cathlete
Hi Cathe -

I really love your workouts, they are so challenging! :eek:

My husband and I started clean eating about a month ago, and I am taking multi vitamins as well, and I was just wondering if there are any specific supplements that you recommend pre or post workout?

I drink a protein shake after my workouts, but I keep seeing all these different pills and powders in all my fitness magazines, and I wanted to know if you think they are necessary?

Thanks!

Hi Nicole!

Funny you should ask because I always try to have all of my nutrition come from true foods vs supplements. However, lately since my rehearsal and appearance schedule has picked up I'm finding I can't hit enough true foods to meet the demands of my schedule. So now I am having to take a few supplements to help me along.

In addition to good clean eating 6 times a day, I am taking my multi vitamins, joint supplements, adrenal support supp's, and Branched Chain Amino Acids supp's, and chlorella.

These are to help support my muscle recovery, muscle growth, immune system, and energy levels.

I drink a whey protein shake after my workouts for my recovery. I usually use Optimum Nutrition's Whey Gold Standard or Isopure Liquid protein (grape frost is my favorite...doesn't seem as tart).

Hope this helps.

Hi Cathe -

I really love your workouts, they are so challenging! :eek:

My husband and I started clean eating about a month ago, and I am taking multi vitamins as well, and I was just wondering if there are any specific supplements that you recommend pre or post workout?

I drink a protein shake after my workouts, but I keep seeing all these different pills and powders in all my fitness magazines, and I wanted to know if you think they are necessary?

Thanks!

I always try to have all of my nutrition come from true foods vs supplements. ...I am taking my multi vitamins, joint supplements, adrenal support supp's, and Branched Chain Amino Acids supp's, and chlorella.
Hi, Cathe!
Just butting in (as you're touching on a subject dear to my heart: food over supplements!).
For adrenal support, have you ever heard of maca? It's a food-based supplement (actually, it IS a food: a root vegetable from the Andes, but often found as a powdered extract rather than the whole root powder). If you haven't tried it, you might want to consider using that as your adrenal support. (though a heads up is in order: it is known to increase the libido, and a couple of people I've recommended it to say it did just that!)

Hi Nicole!

Funny you should ask because I always try to have all of my nutrition come from true foods vs supplements. However, lately since my rehearsal and appearance schedule has picked up I'm finding I can't hit enough true foods to meet the demands of my schedule. So now I am having to take a few supplements to help me along.

In addition to good clean eating 6 times a day, I am taking my multi vitamins, joint supplements, adrenal support supp's, and Branched Chain Amino Acids supp's, and chlorella.

These are to help support my muscle recovery, muscle growth, immune system, and energy levels.

I drink a whey protein shake after my workouts for my recovery. I usually use Optimum Nutrition's Whey Gold Standard or Isopure Liquid protein (grape frost is my favorite...doesn't seem as tart).

Hope this helps.

Cathe,

Are the protein shakes that you take after your workouts included in the 6 meals a day that you eat or are the shakes in addition to the 6 meals? May sound silly, but wondering.

Also, say you on Fox Biz and you were articulate and knowledgable.

All the best,

Michele

adrenal support supp's, and Branched Chain Amino Acids supp's, and chlorella.

Cathe,
Thanks for letting us know what are you taking.
but I don't know what is this for,why the adrenal support supp's?

COUNTING DAYS;)
6 more weeks until my DH get back home.
Eunice:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.