A Cathe Beginner Needs Help

Sass

Cathlete
This question is for anyone who has lots of experience with Cathe's workouts...I've been reading a lot around here for a few weeks now and decided to join not to long ago.

I am a Cathe beginner/ Beginner to Step period and I haven't received my step or the Basic Step DVD yet (I'm very excited to getting in the mail soon). I plan on doing part of Cathe's beginner rotation because I would like to incorporate strengths into my workout and I'm doing another program for that. After I am done with the 12 week beginner rotation...which DVDs should I move on to? Cathe has a lot of DVDs and most of them are advanced so I'm not sure which is for me. I will need a good cardio DVD and the rest must be all strengths or circuits or combos.

Help!

High Step Circuit is beginner/intermediate.
Cardio & Weights/Imax 2 and would probably be a good one to get.
Low Max may be another.
Go into the shop Cathe. You can preview all of Cathe's DVD's.

Here is a link to an intermediate rotation.
http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=6852&mesg_id=6852&page=2

6449927_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Thank you. That intermediate rotation is exactly what I need. I can't open the link though.

ok I went back and found this posted by Cathe herself.

Cathe's intermediate rotation:

Quote<Hi Everyone! Thank you for bringing it to my attention that we are in need of an intermediate rotation. The following four week rotation is the perfect rotation to do if:

1) You have just finished the beginners program and are looking for the next step up.

2) You are an intermediate exerciser looking for some variety.

3) You are an advanced exerciser looking for a lighter rotation to mix in between your harder programs.

You can expect to burn overall body fat and enhance muscular strength and endurance (more muscle strength if newer to weights...more muscle endurance if a seasoned weight lifter)

Please note....Whenever you see 35 MINUTE WALK/RUN, it consists of:
*10 minute brisk walk
*EIGHT cycles of 1 minute jog and 90 seconds recovery walk
*5 minute cool down walk

Remember to eat clean, drink water abundantly, and sleep well.

WEEK ONE:

Mon: Low Impact Circuit

Tues: Kick, Punch, and Crunch

Wed: Pyramid Lower Body

Thurs: Low Impact Step

Fri: Pyramid Upper Body

Sat: 35 MINUTE WALK/RUN plus 5 minute basic stretch for muscles used

Sun: OFF

WEEK TWO:

Mon: Cardio and Weights

Tues: 40 minute indoor or outdoor cycle ride

Wed: Push Pull

Thurs: Cross Train Express Kickbox (EVERYTHING EXCEPT BICEPS)

Fri: Body Fusion

Sat: 30 min. all brisk walk plus segment one from Stretch Max

Sun: OFF

WEEK THREE:

Mon: Maximum Intensity Strength

Tues: Cardio Kicks

Wed: Cardio and Weights

Thurs: OFF

Fri: Step portion of Step, Jump& Pump right into SUPER SETS

Sat: 35 MINUTE WALK/RUN

Sun: Seg 2 Coremax plus Seg one Total Body Stretching

WEEK FOUR:

Mon: Kick Punch & Crunch

Tues: Power Hour

Wed: 40 minute indoor/outdoor cycle ride

Thurs: Low Impact Circuit

Fri: Warm up plus 1st step section of Step Heat followed by 1st section of Step Max, followed by step portion of Step Jump and Pump and fast forward into the S,J,P stretch.

Sat: Muscle Endurance

Sun: OFF>Quote

6449927_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Last edited:
don't forget fit tv is a resource

If you have a tivo get her workouts off fit tv and try those too. And you can always modify a step workout down by not doing the jumps and using less risers. Strength workouts can often be modified by using a lighter weight or taking more rests. I'm a beginner too, I just finished the beginner's rotation. What I purchased to follow onto that was C&W, LIC, Cardio Hits, and High Step Circuit because those are all listed as her intermediate discs. I listed my intermediate rotation on the rotations forum but I don't know if you like to do as much cardio as I have to do in order to manage my insulin resistance. You can also check in with us Catheletic Supporters down under the Nutrition section, we are good about workouts but find that clean eating is more of a challenge.

C&W is not "Intermediate'" but at the end of the beginner's rotation Cathe said that is the next workout she would recommend.

Last edited:
I'd also recommend Classics Volume 1 if you want to get familiar with Cathe's step routines. These were some of her first workouts and introduce some choreography a little more slowly. They've definitely helped me.

Good luck. :)

Thanks everyone!!! I got my step and the basic step DVD in the mail today. I am so excited. I'm official. Tonight I'm going to a Cathe workout for the first time. I'm here at work watching the DVD to get familiar with her terms and choreo.

I've also consulted with the conpendeum. Whoever put that together is the best.

Thanks again!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.