Cathe--any advice to a beginner instructor?

BarbieCar1

Dear Cathe,
Greetings from South Carolina! Wow--this is the first time I've posted on your site; you've really got fans!
Hopefully, you'll be able to take a moment check out this post.
I am 20, a senior at the University of South Carolina in Columbia and have just recently started instructing aerobics at The Firm in Columbia. I want to commend you for the leadership you possess in the fitness world. Taking the hobby/craft of fitness (esp. aerobic-dance/step-based exercise) and cultivating it into a career must have taken some really smart decisions on your part.
Working with a group for an hour, aiming for an effective workout is one of my passions. Instructing is my "hobby," and I like to priortize my responsibilities as far as school, family, friends, etc. However, I'd love to get some insight from you as far as fitness as a career; do you have any advice to someone who is starting out her aerobic instructing career?
I'm studying public relations and love writing. Therefore, I have a passion for working with people in the communications world; Like a lot of people, I'd love to make a difference--big and small. Again, any hints or pointers as far as "following" or "directing oneself" to a dream would be helpful and appreciated! Thank you, and take care,
Caroline

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.