Cathe advice on how to add running back into my schedu...

cocob1

Cathlete
Cathe, I used to run 3 miles 3 times a week and cross train with Firms and or Fit Prime work outs until last December when I felt a need for a break.

I felt I wasn't working hard enough and started doing your workouts (Blast series, Terminator series and Hardcore series) exclusively starting last December and stopped running in order to focus on your tough (for me) rotations.

I've noticed that some of your rotations add running but when I try to run the full distance in your rotations I can't do it. I don't want to get injured running to much too soon. When I've tried I got some lack of use soreness.( ITB band soreness in right hip and right knee and some shin splints)

I want to get back to running shape but I don't want to lose the cardio endurance I have finally built up. I did the Hardcore series for April, May and June and right now I'm cross training with the Intensity series.

I am soon to be 52 (Aug. 10th) and I am the mother of a 8 year old boy. I work part time from home so I do have a flexible schedule time wise. I long to do the new August rotation once school starts again but I don't know what to do about the running.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

PS I'm not thin. I'm only 5'4'' tall and 146 lbs. down from 156 when I started doing your workouts last year but I feel great and hope to get another 10 lbs. off slowly over the next year. That's less than I weighed in highschool!

Colleen:*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.