Cardio,what kind and how often

maureen

Cathlete
Hi Cathe and everyone,
Cathe, just curious how often and what kind of cardio do you do? I am having trouble with the back of my legs and glutes. The muscle is there, but so is a layer of fat that wont move. I have been doing power hour three times a week and cardio three times, (walking, step and kickbox)The backside just wont get toned. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi Maureen! Well now that I am pregnant my cardio has altered some. But based on what you have written I would say shock that you need to shock muscle. For cardio, try treadmill intervals, spinning, and high intensity kickbox. For weights do another workout rotation. Try MIS (twice a week) and Leaner legs (once a week) for the next four weeks. How is your diet? Clean diet is key (as well as torture ;-)!)

Thanks Cathe, diet is my downfall. I love to exercise, no motivation needed there. Maybe diet is my problem. I have three
teenagers who love to eat, and its hard not to join in with them.
How often and how long should my cardio be for a week? Thanks for your help.

Have you been doing much floorwork in your efforts to tone these areas? I find that really helps. The floorwork in Cathe's PS Strong Legs and Abs really burns the jiggle off those areas quite nicely, I've discovered. Good luck!:)

Hi Maureen! I would suggest adding about 15 minutes to two of your current cardio workouts. After two weeks of this, add an additional day of a 30 minute high intensity interval workout. After three weeks of that, instead of this add on workout always being high intensity, alternate each week with one week being a steady state workout and the other week being a high intensity workout. Have fun!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.