Cardio Endurance

michelle54

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

Until I met your workouts I thought I was advanced. I cannot seem to finish Imax or MIC without modifications (I can complete the weight workouts Power Hour and MIS using the same weight you do)....barely.

I was wondering how do I get to the point where I can finish these cardio workouts. I do cardio 2-3x a week. How should I do it. I use your two tapes, and several firm tapes. I have ordered the intensity series. What would you suggest that I do to get stronger cardiovascularily (is that a word?). Are there any other tapes that you think would help with my goal? I do not want to give up weight training because that really gives a nice sleek look :).

Also, I wanted to say what an inspiration you are! Thank you for your awesome workouts. :-jumpy

Michelle

Hi Michelle ..

I'm not Cathe, and hopefully she'll chime in with some great suggestions. However, I can tell you the one tape that made a huge impact in my fitness level was Interval Max! Interval training is the best way to really boost cardio capacity/endurance. After doing Imax weekly for a few weeks, I was finally able to get through MIC in its entirety with no modifications! If you're not already using Imax or Imax 2, I would *highly* recommend them for taking your cardio endurance to a whole new level!

Have fun!
Nicole

Nicole is right - Imax will definitely help you boost you cardio levels. It has done wonders for me as well.

I absolutely freakin' agree! :)
IMAX is the holy grail workout for me!! I really really expanded my horizons with that video!
What about upping your cardio each week as well? Is it possible to add a bit of running?
Anything intense, like running should help!
Jaime

RE: Cardio Endurance and added Strenth question

A wee update on this. I have improved considerably since this summer with out even noticing it!!! I did a Kathy Smith step tape the othernight, and my hrm read fairly low for me all the up to the last section (it is divided into easy medium and hard), and this summer I got tired during the beginning, I am pretty darn happy! I still feel lacking though, because I cannot even begin to get through imax, is there any hint to getting through this, or should I just put it in my rotation once a week, and imax 2 once a week as well (I don't have it yet, but I should soon), or is that trying too hard?

Also, I was noticing that ppl say they stay with the same rotation for about 3 weeks, is that the way to do it, or should I use a variety of sculpting tapes to increase definition? I am just not sure about how to go about it, because I have the intensity series coming, ctx, and the other strength tapes that are on dvd. Sorry that is so long, but I am really trying to get good results, I have been working out for 2 years, have lost 100 lbs, have 10 to go, but still look like a bowl of jello.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.