cardio

patricia

I need a intense 20 minute cardio workout, to complete my mid week sessions. I currenlty run, but now that daylight savings is coming, it is not safe to run at night. I currently run after your back, biceps, abs and chest, shoulders, triceps strength tapes.

Following up on Amy's suggestions. I don't have the 6 pak, but splitting up Cardio Kicks or Circuit Max would work too. Lots of people split up Interval Max & Body Max. If you don't want to purchase new tapes, consider one of the tv fitness shows. It would be about the time you want once you cut away commercials.

Patricia,
If you want an intense workout for 20 minutes, YOU MUST TRY Cathe's Maximum Intensity Cardio. It will be the most fun, yet intense, 20 minutes of your life! It is a real blast!! The music is very good and motivating. Believe me, this video will make you want to get up and move. There are 2 sections to the video. First you begin with 20-25 minutes of hi/lo floor aerobics, then you move on to the step section (for approximately 25 minutes). I have never even made it to the step section because the hi/lo wiped me out. I have sat and watched the step section and it looks real fun. I used to run in the past, and I betcha this video would help to improve your running (of course, you might not need to improve, but in case you're looking for increased running speed, I betcha this video would be of great help). Can't say enough good things about MIC. Hope you'll give it a try!
Lisa Seymour

Hi Patricia! If you are familiar with my previous tapes, I think you would be very pleased with the new CTX series. They are short, intense and full of cardio variety. But the only catch is that you need to be familiar with my previous workouts to jump in and start. Otherwise, you'll still get a great workout, but after you have given yourself time to learn the choreography. Good Luck!

...although you don't have to be THAT familiar with Cathe's workouts to enjoy CTX right away. I'd only been doing MIC, IMAX and Body Max for a few weeks before trying these CTX tapes and although you have to rewind and be careful the first time through, the moves are SO well broken down and cued it really doesn't take that long to learn them, and I consider myself choreographically challenged!

Although last night I was actually lying in bed thinking...okay, exactly *what* is the difference between a "over-and-back" and a ricochet? Maybe I didn't quite get that right...guess I need to do more rewinding!!!

Sophie

Hi Sophie,

Even though I've been doing Cathe's tapes since '94, I did have a problem with the up and back and the richocet. This is how I figured it out: Richocet: forwards; up and back: backwards. That's how you turn. I hope that's not confusing the issue even more!! :D

RE: I had been wondering the same thing!!

Thanks Val!! I'd been trying to figure that one out since the end of Aug! I think I've been doing up and backs for richocets for quite a while now. Ooops!;-)!

Hi Val! We must be on the same wave length. I just did both of those moves in class today and a woman came up after class and asked me to show her the difference between the two moves. I, too, explained it as being the same move but one goes forward into the movement pattern and the other goes backward into the movement pattern:)!

Wow, and here I thought I was the only one!

The other evening I was dancing with my daughter in the living room (she's 20 months and LOVES to dance) and I was actually walking through these steps on the floor, trying to figure it out, and that was my best guess - forward on the ricochet, backwards on over-and-back. Made for some fun and funky dance steps which my daughter tried to copy...another Cathe fan in the making maybe?

Sophie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.