canadian fans

Bubachick

Cathlete
Cathe hi I know how busy you are or I will try to imagine, life must be crazy at times. I used to take 3 little ones with me to the gym to teach my classes. Kids went to school but classes increased and when hubby wasn't away on a military mission I could teach a night class or 3. Any ways not to make this a noval if you ever come to Canada please come visit Niagra Falls I just moved here 8 months ago and its great. I'm out in the country a few miles away a new farmers wife (same husband). I have been your fan since the release of StepMax, then bought all of them since. Thank you for the new series, I taught 2 Ball classes in Oakville for a year while in transion of moving, my torso was fantastic at that time, thankyou for including the ball in your vidios. P.S my dream is to be in one of your tapes .Your influence on me had me teaching 9 classes per week and being on call for instructors who did't show up or were sick. Thankyou Cathe, still your #1 Canadian fan Bri.

I think it is a shame, hopefully more people know about Cathe in Canada.I am in Newfoundland.The only way I stubbled across her was through a magazine.And I have bought just about all of her tapes.She is a delight and super tough.Some of my friends talk about videos that they have done or something else that they did that was really tough, and all I think in my head is "really, you haven't tried anything yet".And you only come to realize how fit you are when your friends are only doing 1/2 of a Kathy Smith tape.But they have been working out as long as I have.I hope Cathe continues to make videos until she is 75.:D
Lori

I have to agree. Sometimes I'll do a Cathe video now, and think I'm not getting enough of a workout. Then I think back to when I started doing her tapes, and how I was usually on the floor after just 1 step segment. Just goes to show you how fit her tapes make you. I've incorporated a lot of her other videos now, not just step, in order to get the benefits of cross training.

P.S. I'm in Ottawa. Found out about Cathe from another website that sells "hard to get" videos in Canada. I thank God every day that I found out about Cathe!!! Today is my 31st birthday, and I've never been in such great shape (even as a teenager) thanks to her!!!!

Flex

Hi Lori and Flex
awesome to hear your out there, did you order the new tapes too? I just received mine Jan. 3 and did Pyramid upper body, didn't think I was going to survive those bicep curls at the end. I have to brag and say I've done Imax2 2 and a half times now and lived to tell. My airborn jacks are pittiful though, how does Cathe jump like that? I'll keep trying! Cardio and weights is just plain fun, and I timed the cario segments 1st. is 5mins 50 secs. 2nd is 6 1/2 mins. 3rd is 6mins 18 secs. and the 4th is also 6 mins 18 secs. for a total of about 25 mins of cardio with all that awesome weight work. Hope I don't sound too crazy but I just love to know that stuff. Better go I lost my first message and had to start over, Bri . ps do you have a favorite rotation or tape?

Hey, guys!

Greetings from another Canuck here, live from Toronto! Well . . . nearly . . . I did IMAX 2 yesterday at 5:30 a.m. I know what you mean about those airborne jacks. I've been doing Cathe for years and STILL suck at them. Positively pitiful. And forget about the tucks! So I just tell myself Cathe's floor is a lot more pliable than mine and that's why she can do the airbornes and tucks so well. And, hey, she is at least 10 years younger! Oh, I come up with a ton of excuses.

Just did PUB this morning -- loved it! Did Boot Camp last Monday -- tuckered me right out. Still haven't even looked at Muscle Endurance and Cardio & Weights. You'll probably think I'm crazy, but first I have to make a copy of my workout tapes on my double VCR, then I have to watch the copy, mark down the times on the clock counter (i.e. triceps at 0:30:23), describe in great detail every section, mark down every weight used, everything right down to handgrip, bring my handwritten notes to work where I have access to a computer, and type it out. In my defence, I do try to duplicate her weightlifting routines into my gym workout on my lunchhour.

Currently, I'm recording Pyramid Lower Body and will do the notes sometime over the weekend.

Re rotation. I've tried several times, but never can stick to them. Rotations are a little to rigid for me. Kinda feel like it's like being in a jail and am forced to do it, rather than working out "voluntarily". And if something happens during the rotation and I miss, say, Cardio Kicks, on the designated Wednesday, then I feel like I've somehow failed and the results will not be true. Do any of you guys know what I mean?

Anyhow, sigh, back to the office filing. Good news is, I get to dump out the crap filed in 1985!

Have a great day, my fellow Canadians!

Patricia

I ordered the new tapes last friday night.Actually I had the DVD's pre-ordered and I changed my mind.I called cksales and he said that I could still have them for the pre order price.I thought that was great b/c I didn't know if I could do that.I am HOPEING and PRAYING that they might get here today.Sometimes it takes longer then others.My sister just went away again today and that always makes me sad but if I got my videos I would be happy again :D
Don't worry, my airborn jacks are still pityful.Right now I am into the PS Rotation.The only rotation I have ever done as been Tank Top.But I like rotations,it is almost like I am working towards something.I am into my thrid week and I increased my weight load.Now, if those videos come it might throw me for a loop but I sure I will fit it in there somewhere.
Oh,it is sosososo cold here again today.I wish I didn't have to go outside.
Lori

Hi Lori:

It's frigid here too -- about 14 below with a windchill factor in the 20's. YIKES!!! Good thing I wore my cosy Snugglepugus coat. You should see it, it's huge! Cherry red. Looks like a giant shag carpet and totally dwarfs me (I'm only 5 ft and all you can see is the coat). At least they can see me coming from miles and miles away. In fact, if you step outta your house, you can probably see me!

Patricia

I thought I seen something off in the distance.I couldn't quite make it out though.Now that I know it was you it's o.k.I'm not scared anymore;-)
I think the windchill factor today is -19.And I think there is another storm on the way.I hope it is bad enough that I get the day off tomorrow.And if my new workouts come today then I can spend all day tomorrow previewing.Thats what I would call a good day.:D
Lori

Patrica,
I know what you mean with the rotations! Thats what I like so much about the PS Rotation.It just says that you have to do cardio but it doesn't say which tape exactly.So, I still get to do whatever I am in the mood for.I am pretty finicky like that.
But it does tell you which body part to work and I am fine with that b/c I tend to focus more on cardio and not get enough weight work in there.Then I try to jam it all in one day and I get moody.
Lori

Yah Lori!

I'm with you on the jamming it all in one day thing. Nothing worse that doing MIC and knowing you've got to do a full upper body workout after. Makes me downright cranky, it does! I'm like "Haven't I suffered enough? It's Sunday for heaven's sake . . . isn't this supposed to be a day of rest?"

I'm starting Cathe's first Intensity Series rotation (Total Body Blast(?) this week. I know, I know, I said I can't do rotations. Well, my only excuse for trying again is having the new tapes. My main fears are a) working my body too hard (there's lots of weights in this series) and b) getting tired of the new tapes too soon.

Have a great weekend and try to stay warm!

Patricia

That is my same exact thoughts on doing the new rotation.I am so afraid that I am going to get tired of the new videos fast.Then we may have to wait for Cathe to have ANOTHER baby before she makes some more videos.(oh us canadians are so selfish:p)Just joking.
I have thought about buying some CIA workouts,straight cardio,b/c cathe's series only has one that is straight cardio.I would really love to have some new cardio tapes.But I am always disappointed when I order from different instructors.No workout compares to Cathes.
Oh well, the mail man didn't bring my videos today:-(.But that's o.k, now I have something to look forward to on Monday.
It's going to be hard to stay warm.I have a skinny husband , I have to keep him warm:D.You try to too,don't get lost in your coat!
LOri

I spent the last three days getting fire wood with the family out the back , well not 40 but 8 acress any ways . Man oh man is it cold here ! It's so cold all you want to do is musle workouts with all your long gear! Please Mr. Sun come out and help. ps look for me on the other forums friends I don't wan't to tie up the main Cathe line.

I am a big time lurker, but just had to respond to this post. I am a longtime Cathe fan and instructor posting from very cold and snowy Nova Scotia. I'm practically Lori's neighbour!!!!
I love these forums, review them daily, and get so excited to see other Canadian Cathe fans.
Cindy

Another Canadian Fan.

I am in New Brunswick.

Love Cathe. I just discovered her about 8 months ago. Started using the DVDs about 6 months ago. And finally tonight I did Step Fit without pausing, rewarding etc.

I added to the collection Power Hour + DVDs and PS DVDs.

I am wondering if I will get the new Intensity Series on DVDs.

Maybe a Valentine gift.

Hi cindy ,
we are as close as neighbours can get.In provincal terms :7.I just love cathe.I don't think near enough canadians know about her.
Helene,
you HAVE to get the intensity series.I just got mine today and i was so excited.I did Imax 2 when i got off of work.And my legs have felt like jell-o ever since.They are comming around though but I haven't moved in about 2 hours.:D
It was real pretty easy to learn and the music is awesome.Now I have to try and get some strength for Boot Camp tomorrow.Wish me luck,
Lori

Hi Lori and Helene, its fantastic to find other Cathe fans in the Great White North! Her workouts really gets you in shape for the snow shovelling!!! What a coincidence Helene, I just started a rotation last week with StepFit!! Took some serious rewinding on those flying angels, but finally nailed it. Also doing Circuit Max which I find is a real challenge, but I'm too stubborn to give up until I get it mastered.

Take care, Cindy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.