can I do this

M

michele

OK, Cathe, I need your honest opinion.
I am a total kickboxing loser. I can handle all of your step tapes (never mind how I look doing them), but I am a total klutz when it comes to kickboxing (actually, I've omly tried Tae-Bo twice, but felt like such a nerd, it was unreal.
SO, my question is, will I be able to do this? Have you seen other kickboxing klutzes succeed (to a reasonable level, that is)?
Thanks for all your hard work
Michele

Hi Michele!

The way that I designed Cardio Kicks is that if you really don't want to go all out with your punches and kicks you can still do the workout by converting the "kickbox" moves into traditional hi/lo moves. For instance, a high intensity knee smash can be converted to a knee lift, a front kick with a snap and recoil can be converted to a traditional hi/lo kick. A squat into a roundhouse kick can be converted into a squat with a low side kick or a squat with a jumping jack.

But the real beauty of the whole thing is that you are in the privacy of your own home so who cares if you look silly. You can grunt, scream, laugh, whoop, hollar, mess up, etc. Who's going to know, right? Good luck with your decision.

PS, if you look closely, some of my faces and intensity attempts can make you laugh too
wink.gif
! Just go with the flow!!!

thanks

a million, Cathe.
It's always nice to get a response from you. You're right, who's gonna see it? It's not like I'm on "Big Brother" or anything, right? And it's too late to get voted off the island for looking like a total dweeb!
Take care

Michelle-you wouldn't believe!

Hi Michelle,

I was one who was worried about the amount of kickbox moves in the new series. When I got them, I previewed the tapes and was doubtful.

BUT...I said, "I'm going to give it my best shot (or punch, kick, flail!) and who cares what I lok like!"

I started with the KickBox tape from the 6 pack and it turns out that I love it! I never knew I could punch and kick like that!

What I'm trying to say is that I couldn't get Taebo or PowerKicks and I didn't think I would "get" Cathe's style but I DID IT!! In fact, I did the Cardio Kick drills (precued to after the heartrate check) with my Step & Interval tape today and it was fantastic!!!

Cathe even tells you on the tape that your form may be different. Also when you look at them, everyone is moving in a "form" but NOBODY sticks out! In fact, I try to find someone in the cast that has a form like mine and I follow it.

It's funny on the punches, Cathe gets so excited with the music blasting that she yells out..."Go! Go! You Go!"

For me I was screaming "You Go Girl!" (directed at myself! LOL!!

Lesia
Fitness is a COMBO!

thanks...

I know I'll get to them eventually. It's just that kickboxing has always intimidated me (even though I know several people who admit to being less coordinated than me who love their classes.
Go figure.
Thanks for the encouragement. I need a change. I'll keep you posted.
Michele

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.