calories burned in stepping

mrsb

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Apr-01-00 AT 09:32PM (EST)</font></center>

Me again. I have two questions. Can anyone tell me how stepping compares to other cardio activities in calories burned per hour, or how to guess about how much you are burning? I don't know that it makes much difference to know, but I'm curious, because it never shows up in other charts.
Thanks again.

Calories!

I've read messages from Cathe about approximate estimates on the calories burned during stepping, so that's where this info comes from
happy.gif

When you are in your training zone, you can pretty much figure on burning 6 to 10 calories per minute. When you are at the lower end (60% of your maximum heart rate), you're likely burning about 6 per minute, and at the higher end (90%), you're probably burning 10 per minute.

By the way, the formula should apply to any cardio activity. I've also heard, for what's it's worth, that power stepping burns about as much as running 7 mph. Kathy Smith said that in one of her videos, I don't know where she got that info, but it sounds good to me!!!!
wink.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.