Calories Burned

khuynh

Cathlete
I'm new to Cathe's exercising and to this forum. I just received my first tapes, viewed them, got scared, tried one and fell head over heals (not in the literal sense). I did Mega Step Blast. I was an ox, but the video step is so cool to do. I was wondering, on average, how many calories are expended during an average hour? I understand that certain tapes generate different caloric expenditures, but I would like to know on average.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Keta

That's a good question!! One I never thought to ask. I think that it varies for your weight, fat content...blah...blah...blah...but I am not sure. Just throwing something off the top of my head that I think I read sometime. (Or maybe I am making it up as I go along and am not even realizing it (LOL). Anyway, it will be interesting to see what Cathe says.

Cynthia (Yup, it's me)
(P.S. You can run...but you can not hide :):)

Hey buddy

Great seeing you out here. Are you a long time forum member here too? I can't wait to hear and compare it to that "other" plan that we are on :D .

Talk to you soon.

Keta.

in a Dec. 1999 thread....

...Cathe replied to this question by saying that you burn approx. 6 calories per minute when exercising in the low-end of your training zone, and 10 calories per minute when exercising in the higher end of your training zone. She also said that interval workouts can go even higher during the work phase of the interval.

If you click on "Find", and enter "calories" as the subject for your search, you'll find the thread I'm referring to.

Hope this helps--
Debbie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.