Cahte --- question about what to do week of the road trip

ukcharlatans

Cathlete
Hi Cathe!

I have a question for you. I'm training pretty hard to be ready to go for the road trip!! :) The week of the road trip I'm spending 3 days upstate with my future inlaws. I'll be able to workout the day we leave (Sunday-- my last GS Legs workout before coming down) and the day we come back (Wed) but not Mon or Tuesday-- but that's ok, good rest before the trip I figure. However, Do you have any suggestions as to what I should do Wed, Thur and Friday morning? Should I just stick to cardio? Should I not workout Friday?

Please let me know any suggestions you might have!

Susan

Hi Susan! You're too cute trying to squeeze it all in. Actually, don't even stress about it. The roadtrips are all about fun. The workouts, while still challenging, are secondary to our having fun. If you want to do workouts to help prepare you for what you can expect, I would do the workouts that we will be doing that weekend (a step class, high step class, kickboxing, and sculpting).

But you will be fine as you are right now. If you want to be prepared for anything, be prepared to laugh and have a great time :7

Susan,

I am guessing that the majority of the road trippers are feeling exactly like you. Getting some butterflies in the stomach, feeling a tad insecure (gosh, can I keep up?), etc. Don't worry. As Cathe indicated, we are going to HAVE FUN. We will laugh and have a great time. Even if we miss some of Cathe's cues or have to take a break during the straddle tap intervals, we still are having a ball!

Looking forward in meeting you!
Lorrayne

I have those butterflies in my stomach and I am feeling insecure and there are many other things I am feeling too. You are definately not alone. I am really nervous about flying (that is why I am arriving on Thursday instead of Friday). I just hope I can find someone else that will be there. All of this is new to me. I have never went anywhere before (I am getting chills and goosebumps just thinking about it). Nerves! LOL!

Personally I'm going exactly for the reason Cathe said. For fun! I've never even done a high step or sculpting class before & I have no doubt I'll look like a complete idiot, & to tell you the truth I couldn't care less. I'm not nervous at all--I'm really excited about meeting Cathe & all you guys.

So don't be nervous, unless it's in a good way. We're all at different fitness levels, which Cathe no doubt knows & will develop classes that we'll all be able to handle. Relax & look forward to it! :)

Sabrina,
I am also getting in on Thursday. I will look you up and we can be nervous together. I will be in Canton the first week of July visiting my folks. I am flying all the way from California to Philly and I am also feeling nervous. I have never flown by myself. I usually have my three girls with me and hubby. I guess I should look at it as down time.:)

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.