Body Transformation

S

sunny

( Hi Cathe!I posted this on the new site but didn't know if you were anwering those yet or not. So, I thought I would post it here as well in the hopes that it won't get buried before you see it.)

Hi Cathe! I just wanted to ask you for some advice on using your tapes to get the best and quickest changes that I'm looking for. I am the typical pear shape but not overweight. By the fat calipers I'm at 19% bodyfat -- I would like to see that go down some. My goals are to lose the fat I do have (mainly upper thighs), and build up the quads, hamstrings and all of my upper body so I will look more evenly proportioned. I have your 8 new videos and BodyMax. I've been reading a lot of the posts on this forum, however, and noticed that a lot of people really like the PS series for building muscle. I'm wondering if my goals are attainable with the CTX or should I get the PS series? Even though I have been working on building muscle and my cardio fitness I am not able to use weights as heavy as you have in the videos and keep up. I'm assuming the PS tapes use even heavier weight but at a slower pace. In light of all this, would I do well to work up to the weight you use in the CTX or would I benefit more and gain more strength from the PS tapes? Also is cardio every day a good idea (5 days a week) or will that take away from the muscle building? I've read so much info that I'm getting confused as to what really is the best way to go. If you are able to answer any of this I would appreciate it so much! Thank you! And I love your tapes, enthusiasm, and of course, your website!
Sincerely, Renee'
PS What height is your tall step?

Hi Renee!

There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to fine tuning a plan to meet an individuals specific needs. Generally speaking, the minimum requirements to burn excess body fat, condition your heart, and provide strength and endurance benefits to your muscles and bones, would be to do cardio activity three times a week for atleast 20 minutes (but can go as high as 60 minute sessions if so desired). Also, do a total body weight training program one to two times per week. Finally, you must eat a very healthy and balanced diet without any extreme over or under eating. But since I do not get heavily into dieting advice I'll stop here on that topic
happy.gif

If you are already doing those things and not seeing improvements, then it is time for the fine tuning to begin. To play it safe, when fine tuning, it is best to add things gradually so you do not get injured. After reading your post, I would say to get the PS Series and do each one of the tapes in the series three times per week for 12 weeks(thats a total of three strength workouts per week for 12 weeks). Use a weight that challenges you and follow all of the instruction offered in the tapes. I would also do Cardio Kicks, plus three of the cardio portions on the Xpress series during the 12 weeks. Here is an example:

Mon/ Cardio Kicks

Tues/ PS Back,Biceps,abs

Wed/ Step and Intervals Cardio only, cool down and add on a five minute abdominal workout, then stretch

Thurs/ PS Legs and abs

Fri/ 10/10/10 cardio portion only and immediately do PS Chest,Shoulders,Triceps

Sat/OFF

Sun/Power Circuit cardio portion only, cooldown and add on a five minute ab workout then stretch

This is a strong base to start you on your way towards burning excess body fat, strengthening your quads, and developing upper body strength. After twelve weeks of this you will have to see what your results are in order to determine what the next step will be to continue and/or improve upon meeting your goals.

Good Luck!

P.S. You can substitute the cardio ONLY portion of Body Max with the cardio portion of Power Circuit every other week to present even a greater challenge.

P.S.S Also, the purchase of Body Max, Circuit Max, and the weight segments of the Xpress series have not gone to waste. You will constantly need to change your routines approx. every twelve weeks. That is when all portions of these tapes will eventually get worked in too.

THANK YOU!

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to answer my questions. I appreciate it very, very much. THANK YOU!
Renee'

PS What is the height of your tall step?

Oh, thats right....

I forgot about that question. The height depends on the exercise. Our steps were adjusted differently per exercise and per individual. I believe that my step ranged from 8 inches to 14 inches throughout the course of the leg exercises.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.