Body Pump vs. Weight Training

Cathe,

I lift heavy 3X a week and do BP once a week (cardio 4X as well). Sometimes when I do BP, I am sore from lifting chest, shoulders, etc. the days or so before. Do you think working these worn out muscles again during Body Pump counteracts muscular growth? Sometimes I use lower weights in BP than I usually do because of the sorness. Any ideas?

Steve

Hi Steve! I personally think it would be best if you could do Body Pump two days after you lift rather than the next day. Your muscles respond, grow, and repair while you are resting so to "disturb" them with another workout within a 24 hour period could hinder your results. But since Body Pump is an endurance workout with light weights you may be okay doing it the next day ONLY if your muscles are SLIGHTLY sore. But my first vote is to put a day off in between. See you soon:)!

Hi Steve,
I found the same thing-it sound like we have the same sort of schedule.I now do Slow Heavy Tues,Wed,Thurs (light cardio after weights).Friday only cardio.Saturday either Max Intensity Strenght or Power Hour with lower weights (long run after).You do not need to over do it.We have to rest our muscles in order for them to repair.It's really strange but I swear my muscles are bigger after power hour with lower weights.
Mery Christmas.
Kisuzu.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.